ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head unit, help needed.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
i have a clio 1.2 16v extreme 5 and i have bought a jvc KDR311 head unit. i took out the standard head unit and then noticed that the bits didnt math at all.
is there any way of wiring a different connection at the end of the leads or can i not change the head unit? :s

NonSport Clio
Pop into halfrauds and see if you can find an autoleads connector thatll work. If you can, take the HU in and theyll check the details on the PC and tell you what you need.

Clio 1.2 16v
To be honest im quite surprised it hasnt fitted. You car should be fitted with a standard ISO block which then plugs into the back of the unit itself. There may be a spare connector from your car which is for steeringwheel controls and display but you dont need to plug that in.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
on the back was 3 conections, the iso which was the right size, but was one combined block with a slit in the middle but it was too deep maybe i didnt force it in but i was scared to break it. the other connection was above there is no room for it in the head unit well there is room but it was closed with no prongs init, then the other one which i think is for the steering wheel controls didnt fit anything. i went into spares world and he couldnt tell me what to do so i think halfords will be better help. thank you both :)