ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit connection aftermarket stereo

Clio Sport 172 02
Hi,

Just trying to fit a pioneer DEH-P80MP to my clio 172.

The cables going into the iso connectors arent the same on either side of the block. My pioneer has like 4 connections.. where as the clio iso block has 6..

I figured it would just be a straight swap, but just plugging it in doesnt give me anything on the stereo.!

Its been a while since i done all this and im not the greatest at it.. but wanted to give it a shot!

Reg

Re read through not sure if i explained myself well enough... the iso blocks connect together fine.. but there are only 4 wries on the stereo side going into it and 6 on the clio side!

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172 02
Ok so,

Clio iso block

|7|8|
|5|6|
|3|4|
|1|2|

1=Black
2=Yellow/Purple
3=Light blue
4=Grey
5=Red/Purple
6=Pink
7=Nothing
8=Purple

Stereo Iso block
|8|7|
|6|5|
|4|3|
|2|1|

1=Nothing
2=Red
3=Orange/White
4=Blue/White
5=Yellow
6=Nothing
7=Nothing
8=Nothing

On the Pioneer the ground is a seperate black cable. On the car iso port 1 is a think black wire. Is that the connection for the earth?

Mk2 172
Ok so,

Clio iso block

|7|8|
|5|6|
|3|4|
|1|2|

1=Black
2=Yellow/Purple
3=Light blue
4=Grey
5=Red/Purple
6=Pink
7=Nothing
8=Purple

Stereo Iso block
|8|7|
|6|5|
|4|3|
|2|1|

1=Nothing
2=Red
3=Orange/White
4=Blue/White
5=Yellow
6=Nothing
7=Nothing
8=Nothing

On the Pioneer the ground is a seperate black cable. On the car iso port 1 is a think black wire. Is that the connection for the earth?

The black cable on the pioneer just needs connecting to earth (cars body or use the original renault wire in the original loom. There doesnt need to be anything in the other holes as a headunit only needs permanent, ignition and earth to work :)