ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head unit advice?

Clio Dynamic 1.2 16v
I am looking to fit a new head unit into my car this week with the intentions of then fitting a sub beginning of September. I have seen this head unit which appeals to me due to the built in sat nav feature, however I'm hesitant as I also want good sound quality and don't know whether I should stick with alpine/pioneer. Wanted some opinions from people with a better knowledge.

Also if there's any threads with tips on fitting a head unit to a mk2 clio please direct me, thanks.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121381039423

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That will be s**t.

Stick to KENWOOD/pioneer/Alpine and even Sony.

Those cheap Chinese things sound dreadful and break very quickly.

With regards to fitting it, if you buy a proper head unit it comes with everything you need.

Pull standard radio out.

Fit cage.

Fit wires

Slide headunit in,

Done.

Clio Dynamic 1.2 16v
That will be s**t.

Stick to KENWOOD/pioneer/Alpine and even Sony.

Those cheap Chinese things sound dreadful and break very quickly.

With regards to fitting it, if you buy a proper head unit it comes with everything you need.

Pull standard radio out.

Fit cage.

Fit wires

Slide headunit in,

Done.

Presumed so, glad I made the post

As for what to head unit to get, are their any that many Clio users use that you could recommend? There's many on the market, hard to tell what is best when you don't know what to look for looking at about £100

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Presumed so, glad I made the post

As for what to head unit to get, are their any that many Clio users use that you could recommend? There's many on the market, hard to tell what is best when you don't know what to look for looking at about £100
For that budget I'd look into getting a 2nd hand alpine unit

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
A Sony Xplod will do both for that price and sound good too, something like a MEX-BT3600U /2600U
To be honest I've not heard a Sony unit for about 10 years lol

Would you take a Sony over an alpine? I got mine off eBay for 80 quid. Has iPod control and Bluetooth calling
IMG_20150801_182217.jpg