ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Head gasket?

ph2 clio sport 172
After spending a fortune recently on my car I finally got all suspension etc and gearbox back together and everything tracked up, only to notice a miss fire/splutter a day later? Checked spark plugs this morning and 1 and 2 where covered in white/cream gunk. Is this the head gasket? And if so how much am I looking at? I can't afford to spend anymore money on this car getting ridicules now. Thoughts people?
uturyby2.jpg
ytyqazeh.jpg
epyjupyb.jpg

Lol. ;)

Thats just moisture / condesation from in the plug well on the ht lead.

Spray a bit of wd-40 in the end of the lead and wipe off any of the crud.

Plugs look a bit black but could be many things but nothing major imo. Head gasket isn't a problem there.

Think the word is oxidisation on the metal thats causing the white stuff.

ph2 clio sport 172
Haha Spinksy just said could be moisture and called me a Derek for forgetting to put bonnet down as I washed front of car lol . Plugs are due and was running it a while after build before I got it remapped last year at rs tuning so maybe that didn't help life of plugs. Just wiped them up and tried again but still sounding like a Subaru but without the power. So back to my first thought either leads or coil pack causing miss fire. Girlfriend will be happy I won't be using holiday money to fix car again

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Very unlikely to be headgasket, its obviously possible but it really is uncommon on these unless you have got a hole in the radiator and drove around with it dry!

ph2 clio sport 172
Update. Cleaned plugs and HT leads again and so far so good running on all 4 :)

Thanks guys was ready for having a meltdown after everything iv done to car recently just was moisture on plugs and leads.