ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

head gasket!!!

N Reg modded Clio RT
My head gasket went on my clio about a week ago for the secound time in about 3 years, first time wasnt with me but the car has come from family. just wanted some rough estimates on the price. any one??
:dapprove:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
shouldnt have gone that quick mate! how many miles have you put on it between doing them?

N Reg modded Clio RT
not many ive only had a year, and ive done just over 2500. i didnt think it should go that quick but it defo has :S

None
my rsi was around 650 ish at a guess but having other stuff done so is gonna me more like 1k for me lol

N Reg modded Clio RT
lol, i got to have breaks done aswell but goin back to where i had my mot done because they only got done bout 2 montsh ago and they are just a weeee bit dangerous

N Reg modded Clio RT
Re: head gasket/ thermastate

just got some hopefully good news. I just rung the garage and they said that my thermastat was f**ked in every way possible and has ordered another one and hopfully its just that and not the head gasket fingers crossed:star:

is there any way of telling your gaskets gone apart from the mayo 'trick'

coolant levels going down rapidly is an easy one to spot, doesnt necessarily mean HGF though, could just a be a burst pipe... but it can be a sign. also the coolant will probably be a mucky dark brown colour.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
My head gasket went on my clio about a week ago for the secound time in about 3 years, first time wasnt with me but the car has come from family. just wanted some rough estimates on the price. any one??
:dapprove:
Are you sure its the head gasket. Whats the symptoms?