ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hdtv

Im looking into one! Really not sure what im buying though! Do I want Plasma, LCD, or Rear Projection DLP thingy!! :S

Dan said:
Im looking into one! Really not sure what im buying though! Do I want Plasma, LCD, or Rear Projection DLP thingy!! :S

will you use it for connecting to a pc or playing games or watching channles with logo's in the corner ??

if so not plasma screen burn is still a problem and the re gassing thing isnt great alot still arnt fully hd ready

but better blacks than lcd and can handle motion a bit better sometimes

lcd cheaper better colour i often find, dont suffer screen burn at all and they are easy to change the back light on most are fully hd ready

there are some problems with hdmi still lip sync and other bits

dlp is ok but the cabinets are huge !!!!!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The bit I like is the fact that they havent even finished finalising the HD standards in this country :S so how do they know for sure their plasma's are HD 'ready'

and *SIGH* re-gassing is a myth.. there is no such thing ! also I have left a still image on my plasma for 9 hours (well actually 27 hours as I did it 3 times) and there was no screen burn !

kdf you might have but they do burn, there are new things they are doing to cut down on it tho

kdf they know if it will be by the native resolution of the screen either 1280x720 or 1920x1080

McBunny said:
will you use it for connecting to a pc or playing games or watching channles with logo's in the corner ??

if so not plasma screen burn is still a problem and the re gassing thing isnt great alot still arnt fully hd ready

but better blacks than lcd and can handle motion a bit better sometimes

lcd cheaper better colour i often find, dont suffer screen burn at all and they are easy to change the back light on most are fully hd ready

there are some problems with hdmi still lip sync and other bits

dlp is ok but the cabinets are huge !!!!!!!

XBOX, DVDs and tele. Connecting the PC was just an idea really.

Looking at this one, seen it in the flesh and it looks pretty good!

I have the radio on through sky quite a bit, so that would be a problem i suppose, but other that that i dont watch any channels for a long time!

Yaris Hybrid
I have got one of the Samsung LE***** models that MS are using to demo the 360 on.

I have found it is good for standard def telly and am using it on my PC now. Brilliant for HL2 etc.