ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDR - how to guide

1.2 Dynamique billabong
There seems to be alot of stuff on this recently and people wanting to know more so i knocked together a little how to guide. i use Dynamic photo HDR as the interface is easier to use than photomatix.
if people want to know where to get a trial version
smiley2.gif
of the software pm me

1-9.jpg

2-8.jpg

3-8.jpg

Dynamic photo HDR also allows you to apply a fake HDR effect to a single jpeg

comparision between photomatix and dynamic photo HDR
photomatix
webhdr2ty6.jpg

dynamic photo HDR

LY 182 FF CUPPED
not really true HDR as there is not really any detail in the shadows.
both images look flat.

Megane RS 275 Trophy
A nice piece of software I've just downloaded the TRIAL version ;)

I use Photoatix & Artizen but the more the merrier.

Great guide by the way,

Billy

B

Brown.

Photomatix for the win!!! the effects on contrast from PMatix images look way better then this and CS3.... seriously guys.....photo matix has what 4 steps ????

using grad filters isnt exactly learning to expose. Subtle HDR can also produce different results to those you can achieve with a grad filter and which imo are sometimes also superior.

R.I.P Zonda S
Just to point out that creating an 'HDR' from a single JPG is not recommended technique, and wont give the range you would get from multiple exposures. The same can be said for HDRs processed with multiple 'exposures' from a single raw image.