ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI PC to TV

330Ci M Sport
HDMI output from a vaio laptop to HDMI interface on a 32" HD TV = what i see on laptop is what i see on tv? ie....will i be able to use the tv to show exactly what my laptop screen displays? cheers guys.

Fiesta ST
you should beable to two things:

1. Mirror your display

2. Extend your display - use boths screens as one monitor.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
In a word yes. It displays everything thats on your laptop screen in a much bigger world :)

Bear in mind you'll need to set your sound up, as the only sound output will be from the laptop still.

Rav4
my mac looks s**t on the TV. Misses 10 pixels on the top and 10 on the bottom, quality of pic, in terms of colour and how its represented does not look good :(

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
weird, didn't think hdmi was on laptops yet, that laptop must have cost a bomb! prob still better off running it through vga anyway...

Revels Mum & Sister
Can you not install a program (Name Escapes me) to run custom Res, i.e the Weird ones some Plasmas and LCD's run and match it 1:1

or dont that work?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I dont see why it wouldnt.. a 1:1 match is always going to look best.

Edit: Powerstrip 3

most lcd's atleast wont pixel map especially 1366x768 res screens some do 1360x760 and weird stuff like that some wont even do anything above 1024x768 !

and this can all change depending on the input that is used best way is to see on avforum if someone else has had a 1-1 map on the input and screen you want to use

the one im sending back does 1-1 on dvi hdmi and vga but overscans about 5% on component

A4 Avant
I recently hooked my laptop up to my 42" plasma using vga at 1024 x 768. I'm impressed by the results! There was minimal overscan and everything was readable. Far cry looked great!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
^^ Same here.. I use the VGA port for both ma PC and ma 360.. looks so good !

its only really a problem when half your start putton and your clock vanishes off the side of the screen with overscan