ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HDMI Issue

Petrol Blue 182.
got a HDMI cable for my X-box, looks great but the curves of objects are now pixalated and its annoying me, i.e the curves on a car are now like lines. if any one knows what i meen lol.

any ways of getting rid? settings on the TV etc or via the X-box? its the same with my PS3.

TV is a 32" screen if that helps.

thanks

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
what make & model is your TV for a start?

and what output settings have you got for both consoles?

Petrol Blue 182.
tv is LG LCD 32LH4000 or somethings similer. im not sure what the tv is set at or the PS3/Xbox, they easy to find out?

Sounds to me like your previous connection was quite blurry. What you describe is aliasing. Consoles tend to suffer a little from this due to low resolution and a general lack of anti-aliasing, mostly down to limited rendering power.

A gaming PC would be capable of anti-aliasing more, and at higher resolutions. The downside being you'd not be able to play some of the console games, and you'd be seriously out of pocket.

Although yes, you may want to ensure that the consoles are outputting at your panel's capable resolution.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
well checking that model number shows it to be a 1080p screen, so I'd make sure that the consoles are both outputting at 1080p as well for starters

if you don't know how, RTFM ;)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
try a different cable perhaps, a digital signal is identical via whatever medium really but apparently my colleague had the same issue with a wd box he purchased and he used a ps3 cable which magically solved the issue!!! so he just bought another one of those and he's a happy sailor

no harm getting a £3 one odd ebay to test is what i thought.