ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HD Projector

Tesla MP3 2021
Looking at setting up a projector in our spare room with a screen next year. Just wanting some recommendations as there is a decent selection out there and not ventured into the projector market before.

Full HD would be nice, looking to use it for Xbox One and Movies via HD network player.

£500 - £600 tops.

Cheers
Adam

SQ5
BenQ and Epson are good.

But you need to get the right one for your room. You can't just choose any model. You need to factor in noise, light output (will need to be higher lumens in a light room) and throw distance / ratio.

This should help you http://www.projectorcentral.com/projection-calculator-pro.cfm

Lol if your in a classroom maybe.

I'd go for a Sony or JVC, but price wise maybe not possible.

Optoma is a great projector for the money, they do one circa £750 which would be the one to have!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've spent quite a bit of time looking at different models to replace my HD200x - The one I linked seems to come up trumps (All be it by a small margin) Lens for throw distance is likely going to be your decider.

Only issues I've had is finding a genuine replacement bulbs (Important as non OEM spec can melt and destroy the projector lens engine) and if anything goes wrong the availability of parts is dire. Best to take out product support in case the worse happens. Optoma colour wheels are prone to getting dirty too, optoma ask for the unit for 2/3 weeks to clean this. It can be done yourself if you are handy with screwdrivers as it does not involve the opening of the optical unit, just remove the lid and locate the small sensor to the side of the wheel.

Liquid Yellow R27
I would highly recommend the Optoma projectors. I used to own a 720p one (I forget the model number) and that was superb. That was quite a while ago, so I'd imagine the 1080p ones are even better now.