ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hd camcorders

Meg 230 f1
Hello, anyone know of a good hd camcorder or has a good one they can suggest, don't wanna spend silly money around 400 quid. also which is better hdd or sd

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Don't bother.. you're just limiting yourself.

Get an SDHC one.. much more flexible.

Ex-172 owner. Now a Mini!
I bought a Sony HDR PG3E and it's a wicked piece of kit. Got mine for £360. Google it and read the reviews. It was the worlds smallest HD camcorder last year, not much bigger than a fag packet (although a lot heavier!).

Cupra
What is video editing like on a FULL HD file? Does it bring your PC to its knees or is it okay to do.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
What is video editing like on a FULL HD file? Does it bring your PC to its knees or is it okay to do.

A nightmare if you're trying to edit the raw footage TBH.

It can be done and Adobe Premier will work with the raw files but on the systems I have its a bit stuttery just on playback which in turn makes editing an knightmare.

Thats on a dual core laptop. I would imagine a new i7 with a ton of ram would fair a lot better. I can use my PS3 for playback as it plays them flawless and in full HD output as well.

Cupra
Sounds like more hassle than it's worth for me at the minute. When I upgrade my pc I'll look into it again. Cheers for the info they don't put on the box.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I got the Panasonic SD10 last week, most of what you read will tell you to get the TM10 with its built in 8GB, but I prefer the black on the SD10, pretty pleased with it so far.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Sounds like more hassle than it's worth for me at the minute. When I upgrade my pc I'll look into it again. Cheers for the info they don't put on the box.

What I would say is that while its not ideal to edit it with a 'normal' pc today... it wont be long before PC's have caught up.

What you can do is record your stuff in HD now, and downsample it to 720 or 480p for editing. That way in the future you will still have top quality footage.