ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard Button - Sticky lol

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
Hey guys,

Sounds random, but is anyone elses Hazard Light button sticky?
I went to thank a lorry for moving over earlier today and I couldn't do it because the button just wouldn't click in!? It's always been like that I think.
My car's only done 23k and it's a fresh 03 plate so I'd be a bit suprised if this has gone already.
It does work, just with a bit of aggrivation!
Is there anyway I can free it up? lol

Cheers,

Pete.

clio 172 sport
mines the same, took it all apart and you cant do anything with them! £15 from ripyouoff renault!!!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mines the same, 53 plate and doesnt move, its stuck and i got my first MOT in a few weeks, how can you sort it out?
Ive heard this happen on quite a few clios!

Ford Focus ST2
mine was the same on an 05 plate 182, took it back 2 days after getting the car and it was replaced, working fine now!

try the scrap yard if you need a replacement if not under warrenty!!!

Remove stereo.

Will Renault take my sterio out for free do you recon?
I havent got the keys to put in, can i use anything else to pull it out? i want to change the sterio anyway so needs removing.

I assume you have a warently if so yep Renault will do it under warnetly.
The stock radio is easy to reove stick 4 thin bits of wire down the hole in the corners of it and pull the unit towards you.

Never got round to doing this, and it's finally got to a point where the button doesn't even trigger the hazards at all now!

I called Renault. They said:

- £17.05 + VAT for the HzL switch
- £34.43 including Vat for fitting

Oh dear.
I really don't fancy spending £50+ to replace a 3 inch piece of plastic.
Are they easy to fiddle with and get back to normal?
Concerned I'll take my Alpine head unit out and not be able to rewire it due to short wires or limited hand room! :dapprove:

lol cheers,

Pete.

Its a 2 minute job for fitment just get a scredriver pull the little panel out on the side and chnage the swithc.

Garage most likly has a minimum labour rate of 20 mins or so

ford focus
sounds like another problem everyone has with their clio, mine comes on but youve gotta give it a good push to turn em off

lol @ the comments, unfortunately they apparently do want all that for 10 minutes work.

Question is am I a lot better off getting the switch from a scrap yard, and would I be able to replace the switch and button myself, or is it a pretty skilled task?

The thing im worried about is the rear demister and central locking not working as a result, I'm not exactly an electrician!

Thanks,

Pete.

its a plastic switch with a clip either side of it...

how can anyone make a mistake replacing that? You'll be fine!

ur megane r26
yep i had this problem when she was on about 15000 miles just had to replace it, because to start with it will work, then it will work occasionally then it wont work at all so

Clown Car
I went to thank a lorry for moving over earlier today and I couldn't do it because the button just wouldn't click in!? It's always been like that I think.

Next time after you have moved back over into the lane in front of the lorry, just give one indicator flash to the right and then one indicator flash to the left, nice to see someone thanking another motorist for moving over.