ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having a Ph1 172 seat NIGHTMARE time....

172 Ph1
Both front seats are causing me headaches, although all been told they were like this when I bought this (minor wreck) Ph1... I'm starting to wonder why I bothered at times! :p

Both seats rail handle adjustment thingys were off.... good start, so i'd hoped just refitting them might mean I get rail adjustment again... not so...

Passenger seat rails are truly minced up and they definitely need replacing. I've had the passenger seat right out and rails off and one really doesn't look good.

The handle that releases the seat forward i'm assuming that should also let it run on the rails? I wouldn't know yet because mine don't run as i said, but it seems like it's connected to the rail mechanism.

The driver side is no better, put the rail adjustment lever back on, yet nada, I didn't have everything off properly by this time because it started raining heavily. So I was tied down into the car by the wiring under the seats. I'm assuming a similar problem with rails again :( Guess i'll be buying two sets just to be done with it...

The drivers side also fails to release forward for rear entrance the lever on that side is broken but the piece sticking out seems solid/jammed and won't budge. Had a poke around at the mechanism on the passenger side whilst I had that seat right out looking at the adjustments hidden inside, but it actually looked somewhat confusing to me...

Not looking forward to actually pulling all these out and trying to fix them properly again, but I would like to be able to sensibly let passengers get in the back occasionally!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just buy two new seats, you'll get a pair for less than £100.

172 Ph1
Two new seats bought and installed today :D Driver side works perfect now, well I think, the seat appears to go all the way back once you;ve let someone in. Not sure i thats right or now yet... :D

Passenger side works but its tight moving on the rails, BUT it actually works, so i'm leaving it in place and just not using the rails right now (rather not break it), I believe that the rails themselves may not be sitting level themselves meaning the seat twists as it rides them... So thats something i'll check :)

Ph2 seats do appear to be better quality though, well than the shoddy ones I took out (although the leather and suede were in great condition).