ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Having a nightmare fitting my new brakes!

BMW 330ci, Clio 182
Managed to get front discs and pads switched over last night, along with new braided hoses (rear one were a bit messy!)

All I had to do this morning was borrow an Eezebleed and change & bleed the brake fluid.
Rears were fine, fronts not so much. Both bleed nipples were rusted and were already rounded, and I had no luck getting them off.
Managed to snap one of them clean off, so thought i'd just buy a new pair of calipers and save messing around.

Exchanged my calipers for a new pair from my local motorfactors, passenger side fits brilliantly, all done.
Get to the drivers side and there is no way the caliper is fitting over the pads.
Piston is definitely as far in as I can get it (but it still protruding by about 5mm or so), but it's still a few mm too tight.

My original one fitted over the pads without a problem, but these have no chance.
Could it be from a different model? (look exactly the same, and are stamped renault)

Car is up on axle stands on the drive at the moment, until I can hopefully swap the caliper for another one.
Any other ideas in the mean time?