ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have you taken your skirts off, to check for rust?

Clio Trophy
Hello

I know the clios seem to be quite good at fighting off rust, but i am a bit concerned what the sills might look like, as there has been no polish/wax or any form of cleaning for 10 years+.

Has anyone removed theirs for a health check? or am i worrying about nothing

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I think its a case of screws either side and along the bottom, and drilling a few rivets out.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
It'd not from under the side skirt they rust.

As Budgie pull the inner quarter panel trim off and have a look inside.

Ph2 172
Took the inner door cards off mine last weekend. Can see daylight through the seam. Now condemned to be killed on track

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Bought a "clean" ph1 a couple of years ago with 70 odd k on it. Thought it was solid as a rock until i sold it and the lad crashed it, ripped the skirts off and revealed big holes down the sills.

Planning on removing the skirts on my cup in the near future to clean, and seal them up just to prevent it happening again.

Surely worth it as a precautionary measure!

RB Clio 182
When I read the title I thought it would be a nws thread, with lots of pics of birds with their skirts pulled down bent over showing a bit of rusty bullet hole!

These cars do hold out well with rust tbf, compared to fords anyway :D

Clio Trophy
stripped the back out today, could not see any rust

20160315_112129_zps2ewawjvz.jpg

20160315_112122_zpsjz2pvpqk.jpg