ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have I Solved My Problem ?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Well last week i posted up a topic regarding poor starting / turn over of the trophy.
Its now happened atleast a dozen times so after changing the car battery, the battery's in the key fobs i was left with the TDC sensor.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?699740-Needing-Advice-Help-ASAP

Today while the rain stayed away i decided to have a look at teh TDC sensor and give it a clean to see if that would help and i must say that the car starts super now and i'm not having the problems in the topic above.

TDC01.gif

TDC02.gif

TDC03.gif

TDC04.gif

TDC05.gif

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im guessing im better off buying a new sensor & new loom to replace this current one?

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
You have already cleaned its end, just clean its connector aswell, that's all. It will work fine. If later it won't start, buy a new battery.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I have a brand new never fitted TDC sensor and loom, genuine Renault, for sale PM me

Tried PMing you regarding the part but your inbox is full.

Went and looked the kit up and got part numbers and prices.

TDCSensor.gif

172/1.2/E30
It's a hall sensor so will wear out/fail. I'd replace it with a new one IMO

No, it isn't. It's a regular inductive sensor (gives a sine-like signal). A hall-sensor has 3 connecting wires (+,-, signal) and gives a square-wave output.