ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

have i just snapped my handbrake cable?? help!

Renaultsport clio 182
just pulled up on the drive, pulled the handbrake on and it made a bang sound and shot up to a verticle position, handbrake still seems to be holding slightly and releases as normal, did i snap my cable or something else?

Now Sold :-(
Yes almost certain you have snapped one side.
Usually go where they meet the calliper.
Change them both to be safe. About £55 from Renault for the pair.
Easy to fit just a PITA having to remove the exhaust heat shield to do it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd say so. Housemate managed to do mine rolling the car back in a carpark. The douché...

BOOM... *confused looks*... What the birthday cake was that ?!

Luckily for me, the car then got smashed into in a car park by a blind person (he had to be blind, the car park was practically empty and it was daylight in summer), and it all got fixed when I got the car back a month later !

Good luck.. it looks like a pig of a job to do without a 2-post.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Mine snapped the night before it was booked in for the M.O.T.

I bought a pair of cables from Wests Renault, great service.

Jap Box
Yep same happend to mine, then got them replaced and a week later the handbrake lever actually snapped off the chassis of the car, garage showd me Renaults shitty excuse for bolts and then put it back on with some massive washers and bolts and welding, works 100% better now :)