ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have 'holed' my exhaust and need a quick fix in Leeds before the weekend!!

'53 172 Cup
Hey there CS peeps... I've managed to get crack in my standard 172 Cup exhaust and need to see if I can get it sheathed of patched or something before the weekend... anybody got any advise on where to go!?!

Can't afford a replacement til next month really!?!

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

Last edited:
  immaculate clio 172
To be honest mate i wouldnt drive that anywhere without a replacement even with a patch up bandage as they shite anyway my advice would be to replace it, find the cash from somewhere beg steal or borrow lol if that snaps on the bypass at 80mph you will no about it lol

RS 172+
I'm sure his intention is to replace the exhaust asap, but if you are broke then this may be a quick, and at least a cheap, temporary solution.

As you say though, I wouldn't go thrashing about too much as breaks like this can just snap... then you'd be really bu****ed!

Titanium 182
It will be fine just put a jubilee clip round it after you put the bandage on and cable tie the jubilee clip to something to support it more.

(The jubilee clip is required to stop the cable tie melting) ;)

immaculate clio 172
yeah suppose so but imo if we own cars like these we should have a few quid put to one side for all eventualies lol mine is the old emergency interest free credit card hidden away in back of wallet purely for future car probs, hope i never need it lol

Titanium 182
yeah suppose so but imo if we own cars like these we should have a few quid put to one side for all eventualies lol mine is the old emergency interest free credit card hidden away in back of wallet purely for future car probs, hope i never need it lol

So what your saying is that you don't have a few quid to one side, and if anything goes wrong you will borrow the money to fix it ?
;)

'53 172 Cup
appreciate all the advice guys... I'm looking at picking up a replacement section at FCS from a member on here but just from now till then I want to kill the rude boy soundtrack...

As for havin money aside i totally agree but gettin the car only two months ago kinda rinsed my budget... was hoping I wouldn't have any huge bills for a bit... suppose it is a Frenchie though!!

I was wondering about a metal sheet or something to wrap around as would help to give some rigidity!!

immaculate clio 172
So what your saying is that you don't have a few quid to one side, and if anything goes wrong you will borrow the money to fix it ?
;)

If its just before payday etc yeah id use credit card, if not il use own cash depends what point of the month it happens really as get paid on 1st either way i certainly wouldnt drive round with jubilee clips and tie wraps holding my exhaust on lol :rolleyes:

immaculate clio 172
appreciate all the advice guys... I'm looking at picking up a replacement section at FCS from a member on here but just from now till then I want to kill the rude boy soundtrack...

As for havin money aside i totally agree but gettin the car only two months ago kinda rinsed my budget... was hoping I wouldn't have any huge bills for a bit... suppose it is a Frenchie though!!

I was wondering about a metal sheet or something to wrap around as would help to give some rigidity!!

Just whip it off and weld a sheet round it, will only take half hour if you have a friend good at welding etc atleast that be a more permenent fix until mot time anyway matey:approve: