ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have a Ph1, cheapest way to get 2 keys?

BMW M4; S1000 RR
My Ph1 172 only has 1 key, which now rattles... It's probably just a plastic piece as they key still works as normal however it's my only key and don't fancy the day when it breaks/the woman loses it.

I have heard of people swapping the ECU and UCH with the relevant keys, I've read I could just swap the blade of my key into the new fobs and get another blade cut.

Would I need to make sure I got the ECU/UCH from another Ph1 172 or will any 172 be suitable?

Alternatively if anyone's done this before and happens to know it's not worth trying to save the extra £50 over Renault's asking price of ~£130 for a coded key please say so!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can get a non-remote key from most high street key cutting places. They will copy the immobiliser part. Our local place charges £30 for a fully working key.

Ideal for an emergency key. Less ideal if it's a regular key as you'll lose the remote locking option.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Good shout as always mate - if this one ever gives up I guess at that point I can try and swallow a £130 key from Renault. f**king wheels plus a key is 50% of the cars value!!

Sometimes I wish I wasn't as fond of the little blighters (Clios) as I am...