ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have a look at my carbon wrap attempts

Clio 172
Hi guys so i purchased some 3m carbon wrap off ebab for £4 and waited for a bored day a decided to have a go heres few pics feedbk would be nice, fort it be worth a try rather then paying someone else £50+ for the set already done?! ;);)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    789.5 KB · Views: 153
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    683 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    945.5 KB · Views: 122
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    822.6 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
More pics
Wow that is some bloody good results! How an earth did you do the bullets like that? How did you get it to stick so well to the letters on the 2.0 bit? Want to do this myself, if you wouldn't mind could you tell me what you bought and roughly how you did it? Also, if you wouldn't mind how did you remove the bullets and the hazard light/ door lock cover? Thank you.

Clio 172
I bought some 3m carbon wrap from eb*y for £4 lol 1500-300mm
removed all the bits with a flathead screwdriver with bit of cloth i.e a t shirt over the top or old rag so as not to scratch paint,
with the middle door lock insert you can either pull radio out and poke out from under, or carefully dig underneath the tray but use a cloth around your tool as not to scratch, the rest all pop out mate cba to do rear badge just yet but will do event...
then i rinse and cleaned the parts so was a clear surface
then i cut out a rectangle shape of 3m carbon for each part with a slight over lap,
stuck them in center of the cut out the starting left to right heated with hairdryer till it warmed and was folded round bends nicely
then i used my friend Stanley to carefully cut the excess round the back of each part.
after that i then used a spatula to score round all the lettering and indents also u can make a thin prick in the air bubbles with the Stanley so can push air out.

Imo very worth it looks as good as real thing and can always redo in 10-20mins