ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Haters gonna hate.

Interesting. Thank you both for your input. So Harv am I right in summing your post up by saying max power is unlikely to be effected by a large amount. But what will change more so will be the point at which the "power band" comes in? So jealous of you doing the karting, I have always wanted to do that! Motocross seems another option though hence my interest! :)

You are correct chip , its why the expansion is there in the exhaust then a small outlet .

Every last little thing has an effect on a 2 stroke , from barometric air pressure and density to exhaust design and flow. you are correct in assuming it affects where the power band will be , back in the 90's when i raced full race very high spec aircooled engines the exhaust length was varied to deliver optimum power delivery at a given circuit ,
these engines we could vary jetting on the fly and you would run a 2stroke as lean as you dare to get the maximum out of it but your risk of seizing was close all the time hence at the end of a long straight you would see a driver momentarily cover an airbox to dump a rich feul mixture to cool an engine at the point of going bang .

More modern rotax max engines are found on the road in any number of 125cc scooters and motorbikes , they have more liberal tolerances and have fixed jets which you can change prior to running .

the computer program we ran to give optimum jet size was fairly comprehensive .

I am by no means a master of 2 strokes but after 33 years racing them on and off i have learnt a few things ........ a stock cast head 2 stroke engine has huge scope for the home tuner if you ever get one to play with ...

clio 182FF
Well, my girlfriend made me drop her off about 100m from her house tonight

she doesn't see the funny side either :(

Haha. Mine doesn't like my 182, it's decatted but still silenced so probably not half as loud.

My friends hate sitting in the back as well as they all complain its really noisy and gives them a headache haha! Oh well. Less weight lol

Fiesta ST-3
Well, my girlfriend made me drop her off about 100m from her house tonight

she doesn't see the funny side either :(

Perfect excuse to make her walk home!!

Exhaust sounds mental mate, from Leeds city centre I'm sure I hear you on your way to work! Mine is loud with the decat on the 182 but near silent in comparison!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Do I sense a can't believe thread?

*Don't.. Tony will be on this like hotcakes..

I-dont-believe-it.jpeg

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
can't believe how much offense you lot have taken about a loud exhaust.

also Chip - IIRC the buddyclub is the lightest exhaust avail for the ITR isn't it?

Not sure if it's the lightest. It's very light mind, nothing to it!

Very popular exhaust with the Kanjo racers if anyones seen them. (If not check them out!)

Edit, f**k, another 6 month bump! Blame Tapatalk

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its light cause it hasn't got much silencing. No exhaust at all is even lighter and even noisier if anyone is stupid enough to think that's a metric to judge a good exhaust by. Lol.