ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has This K&N Filter Seen Better Days?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Hi all,

Just got round to cleaning the air filter and after cleaning with the K&N stuff it looks like this. When I rub my finger in the slots, there's still dirt in there that I can't seem to get rid off.

Better off just buying a new one?

Thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RB 182 FF
They are supposed to be very long life filters but looking at these pics it does look like a replacement is due! It looks like it's had a tough time!!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
They are supposed to be very long life filters but looking at these pics it does look like a replacement is due! It looks like it's had a tough time!!

Tbf, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the car for years without being cleaned judging by some of the stuff the previous owner has neglected!

RB 182 FF
If you want an awesome sound on the cheap then look up Fatty's induction kit, I've done it on my 182 and it's superb...:up: It consists of a 90 degree elbow and a Ramair cone filer.......

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I tend to just replace air filters when I'm nearby a euro car parts. They cost peanuts from there so always keep a fresh one in there. How much are the k and n ones out of interest?