ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has Renault Customer Service Improved?

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
I sold my 182 in Feb but fancy a 197 F1. The only stumbling block is the shoddy dealers and incompetent service departments. Has that improved in the last 6 months?

I'm in Cheshire and so have had the dubious pleasure of using the Altrincham and Warrington dealers in the past.

Steve

visualize whirled pe
Platinum in Bath are ok, they even followed up my short visit to find out if I was happy with the service I recieved.

imo though, Renault service costs and parts are overpriced so they should be kissing your arse from the moment you walk through the door (and choose to spend your hard earned cash with them) like Mercedes do, for example, Renault should never underestimate the power of arse kissing.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Your close to yozzasport for your servicing, whats the problem?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yozzasport is in [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Eccleshall guessing only Renault can do warrenty stuff.
[/FONT]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Platinum in Bath are ok, they even followed up my short visit to find out if I was happy with the service I recieved.

imo though, Renault service costs and parts are overpriced so they should be kissing your arse from the moment you walk through the door (and choose to spend your hard earned cash with them) like Mercedes do, for example, Renault should never underestimate the power of arse kissing.

If renault paid their staff like Merc paid theirs, then that would probably happen!

Skoda Octavia TDi vRS
Yozzasport is in [FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Eccleshall guessing only Renault can do warrenty stuff.
[/FONT]

And there lies the problem...

The wife and I (it's her car really) are test driving a 197 F1 and a Civic Type R soon. We'll have to balance the fun with the anticipated ownership experiences.

Steve

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One

If renault paid their staff like Merc paid theirs, then that would probably happen!

having worked for both dealerships i choose renault any day. Merc dnt pay much better than renault tbh i was only on a grand more at merc than renault and the staff at renault were much happier with how things were run etc.
in fact one guy i worked with at merc, started just after me and got pushed out just within his probation period like myself (think they had issues with money) is now working for the same renault dealer that i did and he says the same things as me about the two places!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I work for renault, my mate works for merc, and hes on about 10k a year more than me!!

Like you say though its all about job satisfaction.

White 197

I've taken our import 197 to Platinum in Trowbridge recently and I have to say i'm impressed with them. They are fitting an alarm to it next week and looking at the groaning rear brakes so we shall see if I am still happy after then.