ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone tried out this type?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Avoid imo!

They are not what I call proper spacers. When you fit those, you are effectively losing 1cm of hub!

Buy some hubcentrics, so the part the wheel rests on remains the same size. Hold on, i'll find an example...

What Daniel says, Im running what you have linked but only 5mm on the front.

Anymore than 5mm you need to go hubcentric, The hub ring is what the wheel relies on as well as the bolts to hold the wheel on.

Go hubcentric if you want wideness over 5mm, Otherwise your wheels might fall off.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Yeah I have read about them being dodgy but didn't know how much mm until it was dodgy. I'm running 25mm hubcentric spacer on the front but only need 10mm ones on the back and haven't found hubcentric ones in 10mm.
They all seem to start at 20mm and upwards

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FK do 10mm hubcentric for a 2.0 Clio.

I have just bought some! lol.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
You dont need extended bolts on hubcentric kits.

Spacer and supplied bolts bolt onto the car.

Then use existing wheel bolts to bolt the wheel onto the spacer.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Thats what i thought, but if you read the info in that link it says you need extended bolts, but also says there there centric ones.
Daniel where did you get your 10mm ones? if they were for a 2.0 clio they would still fit a non-sport wouldnt they with drums?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought them off a member on here.

They came from Venom originally. I suggest you ring them as they are very helpful and knowledgable people.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Yeahh but arnt they the best type? it is only system B that use bolts to attach the spacer to the drum then you use separate bolts to attach the wheel to the spacer.

I thought people are saying to stay away from the system A type??