ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone installed Alpine Display Adaptor

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Got my new X305S today with the APF-D101RE stalk/display adaptor.

Wired in as per the diagram that came with the adaptor, but no action from the stalk and nothing displayed on the screen.

Has anyone put one of these in their Clio?

Ben

Now Sold :-(
No help I know but when I got my 305s the company I sourced it from supplied an after market adapter that did nothing. Contacted MT Audio off here and he sent me the correct adapter to get the stalk control working. Don't get the info on the display but it shows the word "renault" when the HU is turned on. Drop him a PM he's very knowledgable.

Nimbus R27
I have one for my R27 and ida-x100. The stalk controls work perfectly, but doesn't give me any display... cant figure out why though!

Got my new X305S today with the APF-D101RE stalk/display adaptor.

Wired in as per the diagram that came with the adaptor, but no action from the stalk and nothing displayed on the screen.

Has anyone put one of these in their Clio?

Ben

Tuner stereo originally in the v6? If so its the right one, ensure the blue cable is attached along with the yellow plug, if still not working either its faulty or the dash clock has been disconnected to fit an autoleads variant although you would know that as the display wouldve had nothing coming up with the original stereo fitted

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Hey MT (sorry don't know your real name).

Yep, originally it was a Tuner List radio. The display was working fine previously, there'd been no aftermarket tinkering before this.

I've got the 2 big ISO connectors and the yellow connector that was behind the old HU connected to the stalk adaptor loom, then the half-rounded from the stalk connector loom into the back of the HU along with the jack plug. Then the long connector into the APF-D101RE box.

There is a blue connector kicking around behind there, I thought that was the CD changer cable?? I can't see where that would connect to on the new harness?

There is a small (i think 6 pin) connector on the other side of the APF-D101RE box which isn't connected to anything....what's that for?

Also 3 cables, SWRC G.OUT, ADAPTIVE STEERING REMOTE CONTROL IN1 and ADAPTIVE STEERING REMOTE CONTROL IN2 from the HU not connected, again I couldn't see where/why these would be connected?!

Ben

BMW M135i
That sounds right to me, does that adapter pick up off the remote feed to power it? That connected?

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Adaptor takes its power from a specific socket on the back of the HU (along with its ground etc) and then I think the actual signals are transferred via an audio-jack like plug.

Ben

Black Gold Trophy
i've got the genuine Alpine one that doesnt do the display, just enables stak controls. Works perfectly.

Nimbus R27
the connector on the other side of the box is for updating (alpine told me) This is not meant to plug into anything on your car. The other cables you mention are for the adaptive remote control, and have nothing to do with what your setup.

Clio 1.6 16V
Hey MT (sorry don't know your real name).

Yep, originally it was a Tuner List radio. The display was working fine previously, there'd been no aftermarket tinkering before this.

I've got the 2 big ISO connectors and the yellow connector that was behind the old HU connected to the stalk adaptor loom, then the half-rounded from the stalk connector loom into the back of the HU along with the jack plug. Then the long connector into the APF-D101RE box.

There is a blue connector kicking around behind there, I thought that was the CD changer cable?? I can't see where that would connect to on the new harness?

There is a small (i think 6 pin) connector on the other side of the APF-D101RE box which isn't connected to anything....what's that for?

Also 3 cables, SWRC G.OUT, ADAPTIVE STEERING REMOTE CONTROL IN1 and ADAPTIVE STEERING REMOTE CONTROL IN2 from the HU not connected, again I couldn't see where/why these would be connected?!

Ben

Long shot. Just got that same adapter, did you had to connect that blue connector to anywhere to make it work ?