ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone got a 172 with an interior that doesn't rattle?

06 Hyundai coupe 2.0
I know it's a common problem with these cars, iv had two 172's, and they both do the same, my friend has a 2004 (54) 1.2 Clio, and it's a million times better for some reason? Anybody else found this? Or has she just got lucky?
Iv keep putting it off, but one day (I keep telling myself) I'll go round the interior and stop the rattles.

Fiesta ST-3
Theres a guide in the members section on how to stop the parcel shelf ratteling. Or just turn the radio up :p

A ittle 1.2 is bound to seem better, as it hasn't spent its life having its fillings shaken out by the poor ride. Try driving a 182 around the cobbled streets of Ghent for months on end. Then you'll know what rattles are. MPSL.

320d
When I got my 172 it didn't rattle untill I'd had it about a month. It had spend all of its life down south to my knowledge, I think the crap road surfaces up north caused a lot of the rattles.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
My dashboard rattles like a b***h. I just give the offending area a little thump and it settles down.

Clio RS 182
as above. thump, kick and headbut the offending area usualy works and if not at least you've taken your anger out on something, win-win tbh

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It has, I'm getting round them slowly. Dash ones are my pet hate. Had an awful one by the clocks on the L/H side, and one round the heater vents...... whipped off the dash a few weeks ago, attacked the offending areas with glue lol, seems ok now. The problems arise from the different plastic surfaces and where they join, that's why they are some times worse/better in different temperatures ;)

None
Yozza exhaust + 400watt sub + Black sabbath means if there are any rattles you can't hear them :)