ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone ever owned an EP2?

Honda Civic EP2
So I've always loved Japanese car's since I can remember, and the Honda Civic was always my favorite car of all time. I always wanted an EG but could never afford the insurance cost's.

I'm saving up for a new car next year and I plan for it to be an EP2 so as the title says, has anyone owned one? What are you're views on them?

Thanks

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Will say it once will say it again awesome baby vtec first or second car.

My mate had one as a first car kitted it out to look exactly like a type r for not a lot of coin.

Great handling IMO and went well for 110bhp

Induction kit to give it some noise. Was great.

I would highly recomend one male sure the wheel bearings have been done at 62k and I don't think there are many other issues.

Any other questions shoot me a pm and I will ask my mate.

Stay out of babytec and they are great on fuel. Cheap insurance as well :)

I would consider one as a downgrade any day.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
You can get them looking good. Seen a few on forums that look nice.

Should drop the 2 for a 3 though and join the club ;)

My mates got a type r , EP2 been in it quite a few times , nice cars not worth the extra money over a 172 tho.....my stripped 172 has no problems pulling on it now. Build quality seems ok, bits of it look a bit cheaply made. I wasnt that impressed with the interior but i guess thats just his, being red / black combo. Rock solid engines, no cam belt to worry about as its chain, so keep it well serviced and you wont go wrong.

V-tec wise, again not impressed....once you driven turbo cars, VVTI / V-tec doesnt compare.

Honda Civic EP2
That's good news, I thought it would be a nice little upgrade from my 1.2 Clio! I understand that they have about 110 bhp, but I've read that people chuck Turbo's in there, is there much of a difference between the power before and after? thanks for the advice, and by "babytec" you mean VTEC right? 'Cause I just googled babytec, nothing to do with cars haha!

Honda Civic EP2

Mcaff

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah as said above it has vtec but it's less powerful "kick" than say a k20 or a b series engine for obvious reasons.

So commonly known as "babytec"

Still a great car though :)