ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has anyone ever installed a Start Button?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Problem is that you still need to use the key. Which completely negates any purpose in having it.

But if you want to do it, then go ahead, why not.

Sadly I can't tell you which wires you need, but best of luck.

Problem is that you still need to use the key. Which completely negates any purpose in having it.

But if you want to do it, then go ahead, why not.

Sadly I can't tell you which wires you need, but best of luck.

If I get round to it I'll let you know how it goes haha :D

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can get an aftermarket keyless system can't you? Might be more worthwhile.

I agree with McGherkin just the button alone is silly, we had one (as stock) on our old FN2 civic, you still have to put the key in and turn the ignition on, but then you have to go and press a stupid button too??

Made no sense to me.

Why though? Surely putting a key in and turning it isnt that hard?

Not trying to discredit what you're doing. I just find it hard to find the point in going to all the effort for very little return?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Why though? Surely putting a key in and turning it isnt that hard?

Not trying to discredit what you're doing. I just find it hard to find the point in going to all the effort for very little return?

Because it looks cool. Think of all that time and effort you've gone through for your damp damp car ;-)

Tip Ex over your hazard switch?

11udxpad1kL.jpg

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Start button is pretty easy tbf.

I've got a system on my car that gets rid of the key altogether and I have 3 buttons instead.

Just saves me having to get the key out of my pocket #becauselazy

Start button is pretty easy tbf.

I've got a system on my car that gets rid of the key altogether and I have 3 buttons instead.

Just saves me having to get the key out of my pocket #becauselazy
That would be awesome, as the start button was only a tenner I couldn't not give it a go :p