ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hartge mini

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by rhys172 on 18 February 2003

Tom / 172Man - what, you think that the 1.2 Clio is a better sports car than a Cooper S?!?!?!?!?!

I didnt say I "hate" your car, just said that the Cooper-S is better and its a bit rich of you to say the Cooper - S is sh*t when you are driving around in a car that simply is nowhere near the car that the Cooper-S is. Surely you can see my point?!?!?! (PS; I had a 1.4 Clio, so Im not bashing small engined Clios, just making a point)

Not really mate i think the cooper could be so much better

my 1.2 is a get me to work car thats all, my S3 is on order

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

It seems this thread is almost back on track, can we keep it there pls! :)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 18 February 2003

I dont remember Tom pointing out his car was the ultimate tool rhys.

Even though it is;)

Hartge My Ass!! my 1.2 could whoop it! even with no gearbox!!

Anyway get the works conversion its much better

LMFAO. A little dig back and the toys get thrown everywhere. Thanks for the back to those that backed up my case.

Tom.....what would make the Cooper S so much better?? A 3.2 straight six sat in the back seats??? Or maybe a set of go faster stripes.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

nope dont be stupid

ok ready?

Better engine
Better design
Better packaging
More thought
Not "oh i know lets get an animator to draw a mini, cut up a 3 series, throw all the good bits away and stick in an engine designed and built by our main rival."

Looks like the mini team bought "car design for dummies"

the snitzcher (sp) mini with 200bhp and 221lbft only did late 18s though in EVO, What u think the Megane RS will do ?

How can you say the Works conversion is much better when it hasnt even been released yet?? I think it will be better though. It has got to be really to justify a price tag of 3700 quid.

Well one car i can compare that to is my dads old yr 2000 Alfa V6. That had the same 220bhp but weighed 1400kg+. 0-60 was 6.5-6.7 and did 150mph.
If the renault kept weight down to equal the alfa it would be pretty tasty. I think the new clio will end up better still though as hot hatches is the french speciality. Though i guess the megane is a hatch too...

Trophy

CSB,

Have you seen this months issue of Cars & car conversions, they have a feature on the mini inc the hartge and GGR ones. They rate the GGR one over the Hartge due to cost.

Also look at page 92/93 and youll see my engine from the valver.

Mat.

Trophy

GGR Conv:

207bhp, 187lb ft torque by fitting smaller pulley, runs 12psi, superchips re-map £1,175 fitted with 12month 12,000 mile warranty.

AP 4 pots 330mm discs £1,640

Mat.

Unfortunatley John Cooper Garages are playing there cards very close to their chest at the minute with regards to the Works kit Tommy boy.

A cut up three series!!! LOL!!! I cant see the ressemblence myself. The Z axle on the back admittadley is from the 3 series but what else?? Enlighten me please. I cant see why you are attacking me and my little MINI so much as I cant really see what I have done wrong?? OK I admit I bit back at an insult about me being a batti boy but apart from that I dont really know.

A few weeks ago I had a similar bit of banter with Cup Size which was a laugh at first and I am sure a few others had a bit of a grin too but after a while things start to get a bit tedious so like I did on the Cup Size thread I am not commenting on this subject anymore as I dont want to come across in a negative way to more mature forum users with Clio SPORT cars.

Best regards,

James.

The Schnitzer one looks sh*te and it cost 7 grand!!!! Hartge Cooper S is quoted to hit a ton in 16.1 which is no great shakes but in gear times are awsome.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The works kit is so much more complex

Rebuilt s\c
head work of undisclosed nature
induction modifcations
ecu modifications
resulting in over 200bhp and over 180lbs/ft of torque

and you get to keep tlc

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 18 February 2003

Unfortunatley John Cooper Garages are playing there cards very close to their chest at the minute with regards to the Works kit Tommy boy.

A cut up three series!!! LOL!!! I cant see the ressemblence myself. The Z axle on the back admittadley is from the 3 series but what else?? Enlighten me please. I cant see why you are attacking me and my little MINI so much as I cant really see what I have done wrong?? OK I admit I bit back at an insult about me being a batti boy but apart from that I dont really know.

A few weeks ago I had a similar bit of banter with Cup Size which was a laugh at first and I am sure a few others had a bit of a grin too but after a while things start to get a bit tedious so like I did on the Cup Size thread I am not commenting on this subject anymore as I dont want to come across in a negative way to more mature forum users with Clio SPORT cars.

Best regards,

James.

Surely thats a mini dig? Clio SPORT cars would only include the latest 172s,cups and V6s.

As Toms just pointed out there you are claiming some of us are immature.

Dont contradict yourself James.

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thank you rob

but its cool if he cant respect my views then thats fine i wont say anything

Quote: Originally posted by CooperS-Boy on 18 February 2003

Moi.............. When the Hartge kit arrives I will have spent not far shy of 21 grand and dont regret it one bit.
Forgive me if someone else has already done this - I havnt read the rest of the thread yet... but £20K???????? :eek:

Hmmm - what could I get for £20K?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&make=LOTUS&min_pr=&postcode=br2+9jz&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=20000&variant=&mileage=&miles=40&photo=1&sort=5&keywords=&agerange=&max_records=50&search.x=24&search.y=8&start=6&distance=22&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200305072569900http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&make=LOTUS&min_pr=&postcode=br2+9jz&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=20000&variant=&mileage=&miles=40&photo=1&sort=5&keywords=&agerange=&max_records=50&search.x=24&search.y=8&start=6&distance=22&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200305072569900

or

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&make=LANCIA&min_pr=&postcode=br2+9jz&source=0&model=DELTA&max_pr=20000&variant=&mileage=&miles=1500&photo=1&sort=5&keywords=&agerange=&max_records=50&search.x=20&search.y=4&start=1&distance=208&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200243056731744http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexact=1&make=LANCIA&min_pr=&postcode=br2+9jz&source=0&model=DELTA&max_pr=20000&variant=&mileage=&miles=1500&photo=1&sort=5&keywords=&agerange=&max_records=50&search.x=20&search.y=4&start=1&distance=208&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200243056731744

Should I go on????

I thought that the basic MINI Cooper-S (us all being into our "raw" hatches, right?!) with the Hartge package comes to about £16500, which seems like quite good value for a car than handles AND goes?!

Rhys

Quote: Originally posted by rhys172 on 18 February 2003

I thought that the basic MINI Cooper-S (us all being into our "raw" hatches, right?!) with the Hartge package comes to about £16500, which seems like quite good value for a car than handles AND goes?!

Rhys
Hmmm - what could I find for 16K?? ;)

Not going to bother doing all that again - but this is obviously a new meaning of the word value I wasnt previously aware of...

Not picking a fight - just difference of opinions I guess!

That aint cheap tho, its not like picking up a second hand motor and then modding it. Thats serious money. You have to get extras if you want to sell it on.

Over 180bhp/tonne in a brand new car for 16k? I reckon that isnt too bad. It isnt what Id spend my money on but bearing in mind that the 172 lists at around £15k and has 156bhp/tonne, Id say its not bad value.

Besides, I bet the running costs on a 2nd hand Esprit are going to be a touch more than for a Cooper-S! Fair enough to compare new with new, but not new with old, surely!

What are the other options for 180bhp/tonne for around £16k (genuine question - I dont know)

Rhys