ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harnesses to rear seat belt mountings

Status
Not open for further replies.
  172 Track Car
I know it's been covered before but,

I see loads of Clios with the harnesses going straight down from the seats to the rear seatbelt mounts and it scares the s**t out of me. Formula Student is really lax and our cars wouldn't stand a chance at passing MSA but even we have to be strict on harness angles. I would rather use standard seatbelts then a harness to the rear seat belt mounts, it just looks like it's going to compress your torso and really f**k your spine up. If you look at Schroth or Willans manuals they list allowable angles, I believe it's 20 deg upwards and 10 deg downwards from the horizontal tangent coming off the shoulders. The mountings to the rear seat belt mounts look to worse than 30 deg from the vertical! I have no idea how bad it is to be involved in an accident with this configuration but surely it's got to be worth making it really public?

Seeing as it's safety critical shouldn't information like this be in a sticky somewhere?

Cheers,
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.