ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness Spreader Plates

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Fitting harness spreader plates today for the inside lap belt point, both lined up and marked trying to fit them in as best as possible.

Problem is, the surface below isnt flush for mounting them on.

Didnt want to trim the plate down at first but I gave it a go to see if it helped and it sits alot better now.

Would this be ok to leave as it is? Will obviously have to do the same at the other side.

Or any suggestions on how to overcome this? The holes are marked directly inline with the outer lap belt mounting point

Some photos
FB374808-86DD-41CC-82FA-C679DA3C6127_zpstsy578wm.jpg

F37114B1-D166-402A-B352-6D22CAD806BF_zpsb7nesulv.jpg

7E3C9E25-E558-403E-95E9-E1595400B7D9_zpsmgp8vb45.jpg

Clio 182
I used the harness eyelets/spreader plates as the rear seat subframe bolt (the one next to the hold in your first pic). Worked well and could fit the whole spreader plate underneath that way.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
I used the harness eyelets/spreader plates as the rear seat subframe bolt (the one next to the hold in your first pic). Worked well and could fit the whole spreader plate underneath that way.

I did consider that option, of using the Schroth B23A attachments and that bolt for the seat subframe but seen a few people advise against using the same mounting points incase anything was to happen to the seat.
That was my backup plan and thought Id give it a go with the spreader plates and a new hole. Tbh, theres no chance of it pullling anything through the hole. Just extra cautious and checking everything is done right

Clio 182
The original seat mounting points/holes are also reinforced and looked a lot stronger than the thin metal of the tunnel....I'm sure either way will be fine, see quite a few race cars with the spreader plates welded inside the car too.