ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness help please :)

Clio 220 PH2
Hi all,

I have a bit of an issue with my schroth 4 point harnesses, as I go round the track the buckle keeps riding up to above my belly button which also make the harness feel loose. Now I think it’s an issue with the lap belt and how it sits/set up.
My setup is corbeau pro series seats with schroth clubman 2 asm 4 point harnesses with the VDB x low subframes.
The adjuster for the lap belt when tight, is tight up against the side of the seat not allowing me to tighten the belt anymore this is why I think the lap belt isn’t setup right.

Could people post some pictures of how they have there lap belt setup so I can compare with how I have mine
Any advise will be great

Many thanks
Ben

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
This is where 5/6 point harnesses come in to their own with the anti sub crotch strap(s).

You need to get the waist straps on 4 points nice and tight before you do the shoulder straps.

The adjuster buckle usually sits about half way between the seat side hole and the point where the strap is fixed to.

Have you any pics?

Clio 220 PH2
This is where 5/6 point harnesses come in to their own with the anti sub crotch strap(s).

You need to get the waist straps on 4 points nice and tight before you do the shoulder straps.

The adjuster buckle usually sits about half way between the seat side hole and the point where the strap is fixed to.

Have you any pics?
Yeah I do keep debating whether to go 6 point but I have friends that run 4 point and don’t have this trouble.

Yes I always do the lap straps up first nice and tight then I will do the shoulder straps.

Yeah I think mine sits too close to the seat hole because it’s not in the middle like you say. The problem I have is the buckle adjuster is pre-set I can not lower the adjuster down as it’s fixed. That’s why I am thinking I need to move the fixing point.

Yes I will grab some pictures after work as it’s easier to show than explain :)

As James mentioned it will be the lap belt buckles are too close to the seat hole, therefore not sitting flat to the belt so you'll be getting slip. If you cant adjust the buckle down towards the anchor points then pull the buckle through the hole slightly, not ideal but its what I used to have to do with mine and worked fine.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
You can just about see how my adjuster sits Harnesses are TRS 4 point club man.
Just thought I’d show you...hope it helps
73866909-5B5E-4F07-8CE4-7536BE56B2F9.jpeg

Clio 220 PH2
Thank you both @green and @JB21 here are a few pictures of how they are set up.
@JamesBryan here are some pictures of my harness set up
CF28412E-0C6D-41EF-93EA-2617F485FC5C.jpeg

D459A54A-B5EA-4665-A9AE-05D71096DE55.jpeg

This is drivers side, as you can see it’s not long enough for the adjuster to sit inside the seat but too long to sit outside. I am not too sure what to do because if I go too far back with the fixing point the angle will be incorrect.

This is door side
2297F7D3-9D17-4D88-9D09-14C73A945519.jpeg

AB6E22A0-4683-4B76-9042-5733293F56B6.jpeg

C170BC24-78A7-4926-A939-0CB8A01EA503.jpeg

5E2D3F94-A50C-4250-85CE-912E4D150464.jpeg

As you can see it’s extremely close to the roll cage so I can not use the original seat belt anchor points
I will be changing to eye bolts and spreader plates if I need to drill into the floor
Any help/ pictures would be great

Clio 220 PH2
Bit of a pain how the buckle is fixed in place.

I'd mount them further back really with eyebolts and spreader plates.
I know bit of a bad design by schroth there

How much further back would you put them because will I compromise the angle and safety ?

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Here’s the only photos I have left of my eyelets and lap straps.
Eyelets and plates will solve your problem
D3125AB3-2F00-4719-A332-CA55E0DD4574.jpeg
9981D892-7431-4A9B-AC97-42A1CC279973.jpeg
451053AA-E204-4E40-9BE0-6FB7398C6E80.jpeg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I know bit of a bad design by schroth there

How much further back would you put them because will I compromise the angle and safety ?

No mate, a few inches back will be fine. The angle recommended by Schroth is just recommended, not the be all and end all.

Just keep them inline with the sides of the seat, so not coming round the back of the seat.

Clio 220 PH2
No mate, a few inches back will be fine. The angle recommended by Schroth is just recommended, not the be all and end all.

Just keep them inline with the sides of the seat, so not coming round the back of the seat.
Thank you very much I will have a little play and hopefully it will stop them coming loose while going round the track.

Clio 220 PH2
Yeah the extra angle should help keep them tighter mate as the adjustment buckle will be pulled taut and parallel.
Fingers crossed thank you very much for the help it’s greatly appreciated.
The spreader plates under the car does it need welding or can I get away with bonding it and bolting the eye bolt through ?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Fingers crossed thank you very much for the help it’s greatly appreciated.
The spreader plates under the car does it need welding or can I get away with bonding it and bolting the eye bolt through ?

Spreader plate will be held in with the eyebolt.

Try and get the eyebolts to be parallel too, like this

I I

And not running side to side like this

_ _

If that makes sense.

Clio 220 PH2
Spreader plate will be held in with the eyebolt.

Try and get the eyebolts to be parallel too, like this

I I

And not running side to side like this

_ _

If that makes sense.
Ok perfect thank you I thought that would be the case

No that makes sense thank you very much I am just ordering the spreader plates now