ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness accesories

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Anyone got a link to anywhere I can buy 4x buckles for my harnesses?

This type..

600403_lg.jpg

So I can wrap them round the rollcage..

Must take 3" straps

Cant find any for sale anywhere :(

220 Trophy
Can you not just unthread your harness from the buckle with the eye-bolt 'hook' on it, then wrap the harness around the cage and back into the buckle? I cant see that it would make any difference if you substitute the hook for a harness bar.

I was playing around with my harnesses this weekend and trying to work out the best way to wrap and secure them over the cage. Got a little confusing lol!

220 Trophy
I don't have a cage so at present my harnesses are secured to the chassis/floor with the traditional eye-bolts. At the end of each harness strap is a buckle and then a hook (cant think of a better word for it) fixing. The strap threads through a slot in the hook fixing and then back into the buckle. What I am suggesting is that you simply unwrap the strap from the buckle, remove the hook fixing, wrap the strap around the cage and then back into the buckle. There are not cage and eye-bolt hook specific harnesses, they are all the same, if you don't need the hook you simply remove it.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea, but mine have a seperate bit on the end that buckles to the main harness with the hook on..

Hard to explain, to do what your suggesting id have to cut the hooks off, which I dont really want to do...

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Sorry for the delay mate..

Th straps that I want to wrap around the cage used to loop through here..

20130320_110604_zpsbdfce550.jpg

I could use that buckle, but it would mean cutting it from the strap, rendering the hook parts useless

220 Trophy
I haven't seen a harness like that before. After all that, I think you're probably best with your original idea of obtaining a buckle to use with the other part of the harness. It looks like it might be an old harness though and they're relatively cheap new so why not buy a new one which you could do as I mentioned previously.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Its reasonably old yea, but still works fine...

2x3" 5 point harnesses arnt cheap lol

Too much for out budget track car anyway...

If I cant find any ill just have some made up :)

220 Trophy
Give Willans a call, they've always been really helpful to me in the past, I'm sure they'd be able to provide the buckles separately. (New harnesses are abut £150 each)

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Yea I emailed htem and said they cant help me, maybe worth a call just incase they thought I was on about something else..

220 Trophy
TRS are also really helpful, I've had replacement parts sent out free before from them. Just ask them if you could purchase four 3" buckles, cant see why they wouldn't.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
Just tried willians, not willing to sell seperate parts of harnesses for safety reasons...
Ill give TRS a go now..

220 Trophy
I'm surprised at that, but can understand why I suppose. I had a look on DT for you but they don’t sell the buckles separately.

I know you probably don't want the hassle - but they are just a steel plate at the end of the day. If you borrowed one from somebody you could get some cut

OR... drill a couple of holes in the top of your harness bar - ask Stu nicely to weld you a couple of nuts into it and put harness eyes in them
Seen quite a few roll cage bars modded like that

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
I thought about making some when im next bored at work, it would be pretty easy.. Rectangle plate, drill a hole each end and grind the gap out in the middle...

TRS sell them, but stupidly I told them ive not got a TRS harness, so wont let me buy them, so my old man is ringing up later to get some for me :)

Cant understand why they are so hard to find..

Ohwell, sorted now.. Cheers

220 Trophy
Get your old man to say he has a 3" (lap straps, shoulder straps are 3" and crotch straps are 2") 6-point Magnum harness (in blue) with the steel adjusters, the buckles are black.​

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
I have harnesses like this and my harness bar has special points to fix them to, Could be worth drilling the bar and fixing like that?

309023_10150328294674720_90513934_n.jpg

Not the best pic but you can just about see

220 Trophy
I'm sure someone more qualified than myself would be able to confirm but I would've thought that the forces involved in an accident would simply rip a captive nut from a harness bar. The stress-plates fitted under the chassis when fitting harness eye-bolt points are approx 3" wide......

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
I think its just neater when they are wrapped round..
Im gunna make some, fed up of looking now as TRS say they wont sell the the public (suspect thats an excuse as he guesses its the same person asking)
Suggested we try and ask someone to buy them on our behalf thats in the trade LOL