ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hardly anything coming from rear speakers when watching a bluray..

when im watching a dvd or a sky movie with 5.1 my rear speakers are alive but when i watch a blu ray in the same player my rears are almost non existent :( anyone got any ideas what could be up? im guessing its the way the tru hd soundtrack is being compressed/converted to play on my non tru hd receiver?

anyway to get better results?

cheers

ps: my setup is a yamaha rx v100 d receiver, bose acoustimass 10 and a samsung bd1500 blu ray player

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
it should still sound good via dolby digital 5.1 or dts, whatever track is on the disk as well as truehd. i cant notice a massive amount of difference when i switch from optical dolby 5.1 to the truehd track via hdmi

im not sure what that means mcbunny, is that a setting in the blu ray player? it does sound ok theres just hardly anything coming out the rears compared to a normal dvd with a dd 5.1 track.

i wish on blu ray discs there was a choice between normal dd 5.1 and tru hd as this would solve my problem and i would be happy

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
there is......... htye will always have a dd 5.1 or dts track as well as dthd or dtshd track.

is there anything at all coming fom the rears?

there is slight sound but very little, as i said this is only with blu ray, dvd and sky are fine. most blu rays i have watched only have tru hd option in the settings, the rest are foreign or descriptive audio, never usually see a standard dolby or dts 5.1