ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hard lock clicking noise

FRS
Its been occurring for quite some time, i inspected cv boots and its not that, ball joints and outer tie rods have been replaced so i just wanted to ask if the inner tie rods were really worn would they start to click on hard lock under acceleration like away from a junction?

thanks.

When mine was doing this it was a snapped spring but I think it started with a crack as I could not see the problem at first

Megane dci 130
So how did you check them? You cant see a cv joint unless you strip the boot. Or do you mean you have checked the cv boot?

Renault Clio 172 cup
I would take a major guess that is the driveshaft splines clicking on full lock. Check your cv boots haven't chucked their grease at some point. Will only get worse over time but as long as you're not a wheelspin kind of fella will probably last a good while before needing attention. If it gets worse quickly, cv s will need doing.

Renault Clio 172 cup
The passenger boot was exposed but i resealed it, the sound appears to be coming from the drivers side.
You may have resealed it but did you repack it with grease first?
If you have run either cv too dry for too long you may have already done the damage to the splines.