ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handbrake Cable

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Anyone had any luck with this handbrake cable from Euros? (drivers side). I've heard stories of them being the wrong length. MOT Saturday morning and mine just snapped.

brakeline.png

Clio 182
Rather than starting a new thread about the same thing… does anyone know where I can order a replacement cable? Think mine has partially snapped as it appears to hold but the handbrake handle is rising way more than it should and feels weak.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Rather than starting a new thread about the same thing… does anyone know where I can order a replacement cable? Think mine has partially snapped as it appears to hold but the handbrake handle is rising way more than it should and feels weak.
Have a read here:

I’d double check the calipers though if you can, my 182 had a weak handbrake on one side and was fixed with refurbed calipers, cables fine.

Clio 182
Have a read here:

I’d double check the calipers though if you can, my 182 had a weak handbrake on one side and was fixed with refurbed calipers, cables fine.
Thanks for the link, useful information. I am pretty sure it is the cable i yanked the handbrake up and it clicked and the tension was lost and it rises higher than it should with no feel.

How can i check the calipers? will it be obvious if there is an issue with them?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the link, useful information. I am pretty sure it is the cable i yanked the handbrake up and it clicked and the tension was lost and it rises higher than it should with no feel.

How can i check the calipers? will it be obvious if there is an issue with them?
Does sound like cables from that description to be fair. Not a mechanic, but I believe there's a lever thing you can pull on the caliper to activate the handbrake mechanism manually.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
These fit. I've got them on my 182.