ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handaling Problem

Clio 182
Ive got a 172 ph2 non cup with standard suspension parts. A few weeks ago i hit a pot hole which caused me to have a blow out a few miles later.

I put 2 new tyres on the front as they were at the end of thier life anyway. The car has felt crap eversince. Luckily i have access to garage equiptment including tyre fitting/balancing machines.

I have checked the balancing, thats ok.
The tracking was +2ve but ive now set it to -1ve (factory setting)
Ive checked all the rubber bushes and everything seams intact
But it still drives like a shopping trolley.

The next thing i want to check is camber, mabey i have bent something. I understand that on the standard setup camber is not adjustable. Can i fit the camber adjusting bolts on the standard coilovers?

Also what would you set camber and toe to for a fast road setup?

Thanks

PH1 iceburg
I had camber bolts fitted to my standard shocks when i had apex springs on it, c amber was set neg 1.5 cant remember what toe was but it made a huge difference to the drive.

Dan

Renault Clio 172
im glad someone else has had this problem, i had 2 new front tyres fitted 2 my 172 and the handling is cack now, but i didnt know what the problem could be, seems like it wants to go everyway apart from straight..... hopefully getting some coilovers fitted next week, so was gona get ktec to check it out.

Clio 182
I had camber bolts fitted to my standard shocks when i had apex springs on it, c amber was set neg 1.5 cant remember what toe was but it made a huge difference to the drive.

Dan

Thanks Dan where did you get the bolts from? Ive read on here that H&R do them but i could not see them on thier website, any sudgestions?

im glad someone else has had this problem, i had 2 new front tyres fitted 2 my 172 and the handling is cack now, but i didnt know what the problem could be, seems like it wants to go everyway apart from straight..... hopefully getting some coilovers fitted next week, so was gona get ktec to check it out.

What brand tyres did you used to have and what have you got now? Mabey its just to do with s**t tyres although i have replaced mine with the same make! :S

Renault Clio 172
i think i may get some of these camber bolts tooo, can only help with traction, :)

coatesy.... how do u find the continetal tyres? any better?

i just cant wait to get coilovers i know im not getting the most expensive ones, but i just cant afford top of the range :( rite now, so im hoping mine will handle alot better after :)