ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hand brake cable

Hi
Just changing my handbrake cable as one snapped, both new cables appear to be to short, I have the adjust nut loose as I can.
Just before I send them back am I missing something?
Thanks in advance
Matt

what make of cable? are they colour coded? did you overlay them on the old ones?
Thanks for the reply, they are pagid from eurocarparts, one of the old ones had snapped, I did lay the other one together the old one is slightly longer but I assumed this was because it had stretched a bit.

dan's cast offs.
i've fitted plenty of pagid ones but had one where the outer was to short from what i remember? was only by about 5mm, rest have been ok.

i've fitted plenty of pagid ones but had one where the outer was to short from what i remember? was only by about 5mm, rest have been ok.
At a guess both of these about 5mm to short, just thought I would check Incase I'm missing something before I send them back

Clio 172
I've fitted euro car parts ones to mine, they went on fine. Make sure its all located properly underneath where it goes through the body of the car to the tension equalizer, if it's not in properly it will appear to be too short.