ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hammerite metal paint....

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Is this stuff ok for brake calipers? There's no mention of temps on the tin.

cheers

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
cool cheers mate.

Is metal degreaser an a good scrub sufficient? Also, does anyone know if you can paint the surface that the wheel mounts to...reason being that my new wheels are multi hole style fitment and i can see rusty bits lol

The Beast MK4
Id think so, I just used a wire brush and some brake cleaner that I got with an earlier caliper painting kit (foilatec). Which btw was sh*te for its £18 odd price tag.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I used the silver hammerite smooth on my 172's calipers and it was fine during normal road use. After trackdays though I had to reapply it because the silver whent a nice gold colour due to the heat :clown:

Nik said:
I used the silver hammerite smooth on my 172's calipers and it was fine during normal road use. After trackdays though I had to reapply it because the silver whent a nice gold colour due to the heat :clown:

Never had that problem yet, guess i'm not using my brakes hard enough:eek: