ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo 5

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the MCC, and only played the first couple of missions on the first Halo - I struggled to get into it, to be honest. With that in mind, is this a worthwhile purchase - considering I pump most of my gaming time into Destiny?

Halo now takes a little while to get into. Its mechanics feel dated, but it's great once you adjust. I absolutely recommend playing the whole Master Chief Collection first. I've just started Halo 5 and I'm loving it so far.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I bought the MCC, and only played the first couple of missions on the first Halo - I struggled to get into it, to be honest. With that in mind, is this a worthwhile purchase - considering I pump most of my gaming time into Destiny?

I'll quite happily link up on line and play through some of the MCC with you man. And i'll also be getting Halo 5 today.

I am a proper Halo fanboy. Was the game that ruled the house when I was at Uni. Old habits die hard.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Halo now takes a little while to get into. Its mechanics feel dated, but it's great once you adjust. I absolutely recommend playing the whole Master Chief Collection first. I've just started Halo 5 and I'm loving it so far.
I originally bought the MCC with the intent to play through the earlier games prior to 5 being released, but as said, I couldn't get on with it.
I'll quite happily link up on line and play through some of the MCC with you man. And i'll also be getting Halo 5 today.

I am a proper Halo fanboy. Was the game that ruled the house when I was at Uni. Old habits die hard.

Sounds like a plan mate!

Yes I understand why you might struggle to get into it. As I say, it feels quite different to most modern shooters. It is fifteen years old remember. It is worth the effort though. None of the games are perfect, but the series is great. You'd certainly be doing it a disservice if you jumped straight to Halo 5.

For reference, I'm a veteran Destiny player and I much prefer Halo overall. It's a bit like Destiny, but the shooting is hung on a story, rather than a number generating gambling simulation :wink:

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I understand why you might struggle to get into it. As I say, it feels quite different to most modern shooters. It is fifteen years old remember. It is worth the effort though. None of the games are perfect, but the series is great. You'd certainly be doing it a disservice if you jumped straight to Halo 5.

For reference, I'm a veteran Destiny player and I much prefer Halo overall. It's a bit like Destiny, but the shooting is hung on a story, rather than a number generating gambling simulation :wink:
Yeah I appreciate its getting on a bit, particularly when you compare it to newer games. At that time I was playing games like Medal of Honour, which couldn't be further apart from Halo (in terms of FPS games, that is) so it was a struggle for me. I'll reinstall MCC and give it another crack - now I've played a lot of Destiny (I started that after I originally played MCC) I might find that I enjoy it a bit more.

Halo 5 is also a bit of a technical showcase. 60fps in a game that looks and plays this good, is pretty impressive.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I loved 2 on the xbox. Haven't bothered with the others. It this one worth getting?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I can't really add much more as @///Munson is spot on. Like @Cub. I'm also a massive Halo fan boy and love the whole series as well as the wider Halo universe. I have actually completed the original Halo game 23 times so far... (don't ask). Halo 5 is fast becoming my fave of the series. The visuals, audio and direction are pretty slick and I'm even enjoying the fight against the Prometheans (which sometimes pissed me off in Halo 4).

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Was sorely disappointed with the servers with MCC when it came out last year. Haven't touched it since, as I fell in love with destiny instead.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Used to love 1 and 2 back in the day would hammer it all night long in a mates garage along with nfs underground. Kind of drifted away from them over the years but the missus mentioned she wouldn't mind halo 5, I doubt she'll ever really play it but I was already considering it and since she said that I've been thinking about giving it ago. Reading the comments it's sounding pretty good, off to youtube for some game clips I guess.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Reading the thread i was tempted, i enjoyed the first one but it got very repetitive after that. Watching gameplay videos has put me off though, i still don't think its my kind of game anymore, that and with Fallout not being that far away now it would be a waste i feel.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Used to love 1 and 2 back in the day would hammer it all night long in a mates garage along with nfs underground. Kind of drifted away from them over the years but the missus mentioned she wouldn't mind halo 5, I doubt she'll ever really play it but I was already considering it and since she said that I've been thinking about giving it ago. Reading the comments it's sounding pretty good, off to youtube for some game clips I guess.
Funny you should say about your missus... it was due to my ex-wife that I completed the original Halo over 20 times. She was extremely ill with her health and we often couldn't even leave the house. She hated games with a passion... but, for some reason, loved Halo co-op. And the rest is history... we got divorced! LMFAO! Otherwise we'd have completed it well over 100 times by now I guess! LOL!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha sorry about the divorce mate. It was a brilliant co-op I can still remember it quite well and it must be 8 years now since I played.

Suzuki Jimny
Completed the campaign yesterday, pretty good although not quite as much as it had been hyped up to be.
Multiplayer is really good though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Broke in the end as it's downloading now :smile:.

Going to be hard to stay away from Forza though as I'm loving that.

Megane 250
If I was to get MCC and then this would the storyline link up?

Always played the games at a mates house but fancy going through it myself.

Was thinking of getting MCC and completing that and then getting halo 5?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
If I was to get MCC and then this would the storyline link up?

Always played the games at a mates house but fancy going through it myself.

Was thinking of getting MCC and completing that and then getting halo 5?
Yes mate - there's a storyline linking through the series (although they can be played individually). The underlying story is quite 'complicated' depending on how deep you want to get into the whole Halo thing. If I were starting from scratch then I'd want to play them in order... but I'm also a massive Halo fan so may be biased!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Really like the Req system in this but it makes playing really addictive as you work for the points to unlock more stuff. Warzone mode is epic fun and some of the guns I've unlocked now are lethal. 'the answer' gun which is the saw with explosive rounds is a beast! Hope they bring more maps out for warzone now as 3 is a little limited really.

Suzuki Jimny
I get really frustrated on warzone, using a special req for a vehicle/weapon only to be immediately killed dead.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah saw the update was a few gb iirc. Not done the new game mode yet because I'm still hooked on warzone.

It does get annoying though. I'm level 40 now and still not unlocked most of the guns. Been tempted to get the warzone pack thing for £20.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone bought the Warzone REQ bundle? What did you unlock if you did? Pretty tempted as I'm putting a fair bit of time into it now just dunno if it'll be worth it. Will be fuming if I get something rubbish.

AG 200 CUP
Has anyone bought the Warzone REQ bundle? What did you unlock if you did? Pretty tempted as I'm putting a fair bit of time into it now just dunno if it'll be worth it. Will be fuming if I get something rubbish.

I got it with the game it's not that great all I got that was decent was some nice armour apart from that think it's the same as the gold packs I wouldn't pay £20 for it [emoji106]

Mito Sportiva 135
It's good! You get 2 per week - not just 2 in total. If you're going to get it, you're better off getting it early on. I've already got quite a bit from it.
Plus one night I was bored and spent about £30 extra on gold packs :S
Warzone is really cool, like all the other modes too and the extra stuff being released in the pipeline. Feels like they are putting a lot of effort in keeping people interested.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It's good! You get 2 per week - not just 2 in total. If you're going to get it, you're better off getting it early on. I've already got quite a bit from it.
Plus one night I was bored and spent about £30 extra on gold packs :confused:
Warzone is really cool, like all the other modes too and the extra stuff being released in the pipeline. Feels like they are putting a lot of effort in keeping people interested.

Yeah not got it yet, still unsure. I figured if I waited until I have most uncommon and a good chunk of rare and then buy it I should get some legendary unlocks.

Reading up some people suggest getting all bronze first then moving to silver and then gold, I've probably wasted a lot of RP points unlocking silver when I could of used bronze to unlock the same stuff.

Warzone is stupid addictive but also rage inducing. It f***s me off how the enemy team can steal the big boss kill with the last shot even if you practically destroy all of its health bar. Meant to be a new warzone map coming soon. They do seem to be adding quite a bit to the game to keep it interesting too.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Big update yesterday.. New game mode Forge (which I don't quite understand yet) a new map on Warzone and new controller settings. Those are just the bits I know have been added in.

Was really looking forward to the new warzone map but wasn't a fan on first impression. Unlocked banshee ultra too which I was chuffed about until I realised I'm s**t at using them.