ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Ultra Brilliance bulbs vs after market HID kit

Dynamique S 1.6 VVT
Hi guys,

I'm looking to change the head light bulbs on my MK3 very soon, I hate the yellow colour and had xenons on my TT for the last 3 years so can't not have them really.

Halford's Ultra Brilliance:
Currently buy one get one free at £29 and they contain xenon gas and claim to increase light output by up to 120%.
Has anyone got these fitted? Are they any good? Pictures?

OSRAM night breakers are clearly popular - but would you choose these or over an after market HID kit?

Can anyone recommend some decent HID kits on eBay? ( I'm most likely to go down this route)

Thanks

P.S pics pics pics

RB 182 Cup
I've got Night Breakers in my Cup and can't really say I noticed much of a difference, if any to be honest after upgrading from standard halogen.

I've also thought about aftermarket HID kits that can be used in reflector type lamps, but never got around to doing this.

I want maximum light on the road, not a cool blue look, so would only consider something around 4300k bulbs.

I'm interested to see people's replies

Dynamique S 1.6 VVT
Cheers for that honest reply.

I need a real impact not just something where you fit it and deep down you know it's not really done anything, lets be honest...we've all done it before.

Same here I'm certainly not looking for that tacky laser blue look where you can blatantly see they've fitted an OTT after market kit.

Anyone else?

2012 Clio 1.2
bit of a late reply I know but from a few reviews ive read on the Halfords bulbs the seem to only last about 3 months. really short lived with little to no extra benefit apparently bud.