ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

halfords trade card deals??

Mk5 golf gti
just got my halfords trade card

and was wondering if anyone knew any examples of the prices you can get on items

i need 4 ngk plugs for the 172 for starters :D any idea how much off the rrp you get

anyway fire away with anything anyone has bought with there card

just got my halfords trade card

and was wondering if anyone knew any examples of the prices you can get on items

i need 4 ngk plugs for the 172 for starters :D any idea how much off the rrp you get

anyway fire away with anything anyone has bought with there card

Varies alot on every item........halfords tools and halfords own brand stuff (oil etc) carry the most discount usually

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Used to use my staff trade card all the time, most things were cheaper on trade as jord says mainly halfords branded gear and tools.

But for everything else i had a staff discount card or got managers discount :D

Oils and batteries are usually reduced quite a bit.

I got a card just by taking in a lot of receipts from renault and Unipart, managers discretion is used suposedly.

Mk5 golf gti
Used to use my staff trade card all the time, most things were cheaper on trade as jord says mainly halfords branded gear and tools.

But for everything else i had a staff discount card or got managers discount :D

oh nice to be honest halfords is full of crap imo
but for cheap sevicable items its alright stuff
i always use eurocp but now ive got this card ill see if its any better with halfords
thats aslong as i dont keep getting pestered by them "professional fitters" dweebs to fit my wipers or brake pads etc every time i go in lol

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
oh nice to be honest halfords is full of crap imo
but for cheap sevicable items its alright stuff
i always use eurocp but now ive got this card ill see if its any better with halfords
thats aslong as i dont keep getting pestered by them "professional fitters" dweebs to fit my wipers or brake pads etc every time i go in lol

Not if your staff and you know where to order things from, or when things are going Obserlite "spelling" Used to get some good bargain. My brother still work there part time and gets all sorts cheap. Even got a removable steering bose for like 4quid.

You just need to know where to get the stock from, because they can get most things you see at other stores just dont keep it stock.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i got one, use it when im doing stuff for mates on the cheap, i managed to get discs and pads for a saxo for £23 a while back.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Bulbs are really good on trade, I've bought a lot of stuff.

Batteries are really good too, like half price in some cases.

Mk5 golf gti
thats good to bare in mind any examples of prices? in comparison to not having a trade card

anyone any idea on the spark plugs for the 1*2

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
thats good to bare in mind any examples of prices? in comparison to not having a trade card

anyone any idea on the spark plugs for the 1*2

It very hard to tell how much you save, some items you save 1 or 2 pence, others you save a lot.

Just take them to the till find out the price if its not to cheap walk away.

But as said bulds are real cheap generally, but be warned sometime if things are on offer, Especially tools. They sometimes become more expensive on trade (if that makes sense)

We spend a lot of money a month there thats why there is a big discount. I dont know what the general public would get away with considering its low volume purchases.

Cossie, R26, 172 Cup
I've had massive discounts off batteries, and mainly servicing bits and pieces really.

Last edited:
Took about 30 old reciepts, few online forum membership letters, Plus the bloke has seen me in there a fair few times,

Spoke to him, Explained i was a hobby mechanic and after quick look at the papers he signed me up and gave me the card, Chuffed.

So far discounts are roughly like:

Battery £61, Trade £38

Oil 10w40 semi, £24.99, Trade £17

Mk5 golf gti
Random bump lol

best deal i had so far was some wipers
23.99 rrp and 4.99 on trade :D

off to get some cheap oil for my dad today

I got 5w40 Oil, for £17.99 instead of £34.99.
They were also doing an offer of a free Halfords proffessional screwdriver set for free with any oil purchase. Wasn't supposed to get it if I bought it trade but the guy behind the counter put it through anyway. Worth £19.99.

So all in all, got about £55 worth of stuff for £17.99.

Can't complain

Clio 172 ph1 with ITB's
I've had a trade card for a few years, always handy for last minute stuff you might need as halfrauds opening times are better than most other car parts places around here.

To get mine I just asked though, didn't need any receipts or anything like that.