ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

halfords paint match??!!

1.2 16v
well, i sprayed my side skirts, had halfords mix the paint with my colour code, i was pleased with the finnish, smooth and shinny, however, i have just fitted and the paint match isnt what i was expecting, i have been quoted for £17 for 100ml of paint at renault, where can i get an exact paint match from for good money and has anyone else used halfords paint???

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
Never ever go anywhere near halfords paint.

I got a photo somewhere of colur coded rear lights, one in halfords paint, one in renault paint. Trying to find it.

Evo 6, E92 320d
got a touch up pen from there today, it is pretty close but its a little to dark to be a perfect match

?
I got one from them but it was crap, probably becase I have metallic paint and they say only a spray can provides good match.

Megane coupe 1.6 16v
I sprayed my splitter and lights with renault paint (And boreal is one of the hardest colours to get right):

03092006048.jpg

03092006075.jpg

Worth the bit extra IMO

My Legs
i just did mine, and i used halfords paint, match is pretty damm good, couldnt really complain about paying 25 quid for all the gear to do it.

My Legs
do you get it as a spray can when you get it from reno?

from halfords its 10.99 for a 300ml spray can, if you dont have the eqipment to use the reno paint you pretty much screwed.

See My Clio? Tell Me
i cant read my colour code looks like the seat belt has been shut in the door and destroyed the sticker any one any idea what colour it is !

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Halfords colour match paint is rubbish..............its a mile out!!!! Tried them 3 times on different colour cars and has never matched!! :( It maybe expensive but the results of using oem paint is clear!! :cool:

?
do you get it as a spray can when you get it from reno?

from halfords its 10.99 for a 300ml spray can, if you dont have the eqipment to use the reno paint you pretty much screwed.

What do you recommend then mate for painting my side strips? colour code is mettallic silver (632)... what should i do?

Can you not buy it in a can from renualt?

My Legs
i dont know mate was asking the rest of them :D

i didnt realise you could buy paint from reno, i got some from halfords and i thnk that the paint match is quite good, but it is my first spraying experince.

dunno if they say that the paint from reno comes in a can buy that, would probabaly look better would cost you slighty more but a better finish.

?
But my car paint has faded anyway! i mean, next to hazzas clio (same paint code but ph2 and 1 year newer) his car can been seen to be a different shade to mine. Therefore im thinking, if there going off the paint code anyway theres a chance it wont match even if they get it straight on due to fading over years?

RB 182 Cup
try and find your colour on the shelf, i got pearl black and a can of ford diamond white for my dads van and they were a complete identical match :D i'll post up pics of my bump strips and door handles i colour coded myself :)

?
try and find your colour on the shelf, i got pearl black and a can of ford diamond white for my dads van and they were a complete identical match :D i'll post up pics of my bump strips and door handles i colour coded myself :)

Apparently they dont do my colour on the shelf... what should i be looking for with the paintcode (632) ???

Bear in mind that halford colour match is done from a paint code, not your car

and is mixed by a spotty sweaty teenager who couldnt give 2 f***s what your car looks like and has been shown once how to use the machine

?
So where can i get paint that is done by my CAR and not paint code?! and will colour match REALLY matter on my side strips? :S

If any of you have a local car paint shop give them a try. Just because a colour might be (for example) Diamond White - don't just give them the code for it as there could be more than one shade.
They have swatches for each colour so you can match perfectly (say if the paint has faded slightly etc)

Local paint shops aren't that expensive either, i've got two round my way.

1.2 16v
If any of you have a local car paint shop give them a try. Just because a colour might be (for example) Diamond White - don't just give them the code for it as there could be more than one shade.
They have swatches for each colour so you can match perfectly (say if the paint has faded slightly etc)

Local paint shops aren't that expensive either, i've got two round my way.

what are swatches? do you mean like a decorating paint shop??

yep - they give you the swatch for you car, you take it over to the car & see which ones the right shade car colour.
Sometimes they'll give you a pile of them (for one colour !)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ I agree . I've just bought 2 400ml aerosols from a local car parts supplier that mixes paint , they always mix it spot on and only £7.00 a tin . Or try these . I think they mix all the paint for Renault touch up sticks and aerosols .

http://www.tradeproducts.co.uk/paint6.htm

1.2 16v
do you mean like shades in a catalougue that you are supposed to match to your car,? that seems a bit of a gamble

?
Can i take it to any spray shop? theres a body shop near me they offered to spray some parts before would they be able to supply me with spray cans to match my colour?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If you go to a place where the guy knows what he's doing he will be able to match pretty much any colour . When i wanted anthracite for my spare wheel i found nobody actually sells it , not even Renault . I left the centre cap with them and he mixed the colour to match the centre cap . Using rover stone grey and adding a bit of red to make it match . Its down to the skill of the guy mixing it .