ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Half a year on...

Monaco Blue 172
Thought i'd post a little update on how ownership of the Clio is going.

First and foremost, this was bought for the wife as a 'run around' and so far, she's chuffed to bits with it. Thankfully, she's a clean freak so kids aren't allowed to eat in it and it's regularly hoovered, so always has that nice clean smell when I get the chance to use it, unlike my Campervan which also doubles up as a handy firewood transporter!

Anyway, I was concerned about the Cambelt when I bought it, so bought a Cambelt kit, dephaser pulley, aux belt, front fog (cracked) at a cost of £313. Paid £200 in labour to have them fitted, oh, I also forked out £57 for Silolene PRO S oil. So within a month I spent £570, but peace of mind sorted.

Recently it started hesitating, replaced the TDC sensor and loom, didn't make much difference. Anyway, MOT looming took it to my Renault man and he spotted the leaking rear shock, being me, I had both replaced at the same time and it passed the MOT. He cleaned up a few relays behind the headlight and the hesitating seems to have gone. Simple stuff, but I'm a further £257 lighter. With the refurbished alloys I've now spent £1k on the car already, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Still making me smile when I get my hands on it.

Now up to 64k, which is more than I thought we'd have done, but thankfully we have two motors!

If anyone is contemplating about getting one, I can't recommend it enough. I'm trying hard not to buy another just for track use.

Monaco Blue 172
Late reply sorry, it's a PH2 172.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 54
  Monaco Blue 172
What was also pleasing was the mechanic who did the work has a 172 himself and says mine is a bit quicker than his, so that's nice :)