ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had the car remapped today

Polo GTi

Not sure if anyones interested but here goes.

Been down to Chipwizards this morning to have the old girl remapped.

Quite pleased with the results, knew as soon as I put the loud pedal down, I could tell the difference it had made.

3rd gear is the business :devilish: seems to pull like f*ck now up towards the limiter.

Wayne changed the limiter to 7.1k, I havent hit it myself yet but Wayne did a few times when mapping,

He basically took the map he did for 2lives and spent about an hour or so tweaking it to my engine, something about him having to advance summat for 2lives map, but mine didnt need it?? Dunno what the f*ck he was on about, I just nodded...lol

Top marks to Wayne and his bro, was good to finally get hold of him and meet him.

Wayne managed to get the car to go off the clock at 150mph just before the limiter, was weird never seen it go that fast before, hehe, should of took a pic but forgot the digi cam.

The car made a pleasant 148.6bhp at the Wheels, which is up on my previous efforts of 131@Wheels before the cams and map.

He mapped the car on the rollers, to the best he could. then did a power run again, with original map on, then straight after with the modified map on, first run it came in 139@Wheels, the remap took it to 148.6@Wheels.

Feels really weird having the limiter at 7.1k, the limiter on the Willy I could never get used to after coming from a Valver, its good to have those few extra revs, if needed, but like I said I ain;t hit it yet as I reckon it goes fast enough about 6.7ish.

Anyway, long story short, good people Chipwizards, good map, good morning out.

Would recommend anyone to go there, he certainly knows his sh*t.

[Edited by FlamingMonkey on 9/13/2005 7:10:18 PM]

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 13 September 2005Price?

Well...not sure if he minds me putting the price up, but he charged me the same as 2live so I assume his rates are standard, he usually charges £350 + VAT

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 13 September 2005
good stuff mate!! and 150? u madman lol!

Was 150mph on the rollers dude hehe

Skoda Fabia vRS

nice one.......

ill probably get this done at some point, just wish it was cheaper !

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Winston on 13 September 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Should kick ass at york on the 25th:D

Possible mate, but doubt Ill beat the time I got at Pod, if I got the 60ft I did at Pod the car would be in 13s easily, but I dont think a start like that is possible at York or by me again...lol

Would be happy with 14.5 or lower :D, which is a shame as the 14.0 @ Pod is an excellent time, just wish Id of had the remap on that run..hehe