ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had my miltek fitted today

182 FF Arctic
my local garage fitted it for me & no matter what they did it would not sit straight so i messed about for hours & the only way i could do it is with a jubilee clip not ideal but there is now other way but sits perfect now :)

before
IMG_0691.jpg

after
IMG_0692.jpg

dont laugh
IMG_0697.jpg
I dont see why people should pay £400 for a exhaust system then have to do this so it fits correct :mad:

Surely that jubilee clip will eventually wear a hole in the pipe with the constant rubbing and vibrations.

if your like me & your exhaust has to look bang on then all the best mate :D

Cheers.

We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed it sits okay. If it doesn't I'd rather try and modify the hanger as opposed to tie anything up. Will let you know how I get on.

monaco 172
Cheers.

We'll see how it goes, fingers crossed it sits okay. If it doesn't I'd rather try and modify the hanger as opposed to tie anything up. Will let you know how I get on.

is the jubilee clip actually pushing the exhaust down? i cant make sense of the picture lol.

Seen a few posts about this with millteks, glad i got a ktec now, didnt even have to arse about, just hung it up, clamped it and it hung perfect!

182 FF Arctic
is the jubilee clip actually pushing the exhaust down? i cant make sense of the picture lol.

Seen a few posts about this with millteks, glad i got a ktec now, didnt even have to arse about, just hung it up, clamped it and it hung perfect!

No its lifting up slightly only 3/4 of an inch or so & the clip isnt solid it does give, i had ran out of ideas i dont want to leave it like that but it looks daft without it

Fiesta ST3
this borrowed from fitting a yozza thread should work unless one of the hangers is bent out of shape

slacken off the cat bolts a bit
slacken off the 2 rear mounts
fit the centre section to the cat (loose)
fit the back box to the centre section (tight)
wiggle about to line up
tighten everything back up

Black RS200
When i fitted my miltek it sat perfect, it was only a year later when i got 2 new rear mounts that it c*cked up. I used cable ties round the rubber and mount (a bit like the above pic) and that sorted it out. It passed MOT ok like this and was never a problem again.

Well fitting mine today was interesting.

My mates garage & pit were alot smaller than I remember! We had some difficultly getting the standard one out and ended up hacksawing through a straight section in order to get it out. We didn't really have the time to **** about as he needed to visit a relative in hospital. Nice clean clut so can be re-welded if need be.

Getting the Milltek in took a matter of minutes, getting it to sit right has taken me all day and it's still no where near right. The left exhaust is constantly pointed (when viewing underneath) to the left and touching the surround making the whole rear bumper vibrate. Due to being able to adjust angle of the left one this hasn't been an issue.

The overall height has been sagging and as I result I have wedges on my brand new rear mounts both pushing it up and also to the left. However the height is fine but the angle of the left is really not. I twisted it slightly from the join after the Cat which helped a bit but not much.

Think I'll have a good fiddle with it tomorrow evening if my mates around and then failing that speak to Milltek.

Left tip:

img1012rg.jpg

img1011x.jpg

img1009f.jpg

Last edited:
i told you all they were s**t, i don't say stuff just for fun you know! :rasp:

Indeed you did!

I liked the sound of this one the most though! Not overly loud and not droney and high speeds!

We'll dis-assemble and try all over again become I come back on here crying!

Titanium 182
My milltek is the exact same with the left pipe. I cant seem to sort it.
Dont wana get rid of it tho as I love the sound

Looking for 182
My Milltek went on today, fitted fine, just needs lifting a bit but that's down to the **** exhaust hangers.

Sounds AWESOME though. I love it :)

I'm going to try assembling from the back first tomorrow (if I have time) Failing that I'll be onto Milltek that their quality control & tolerances are shite! Can't even put the old one back on if they were to exchange as it's cut in two! lol

Clio 182 arctic
surely the way thats sitting means the exhaust is off and not the fitting. if you move that pipe to the left your right pipe will move out of place, its f***d.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
you can spread the tailpipes (this is adjustable) if they aren't already at their max and then try to re-adjust.

you can spread the tailpipes (this is adjustable) if they aren't already at their max and then try to re-adjust.

You can spread the pipes yes, however this only moves the right pipe. I'll report back with how I get on with it this evening.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I actually sold my Milltek when i had a 182 as i could not get it to fit. Was a shame as it sounded lovely. The system got very stressed when hot, so if it fitted when cold it moved when it warmed up. Eneded up packing the rear mounts so much it actually started to vibrate the boot floor!. The BTB i replaced it with fitted perfect in comparison!

Well it doesn't seem that we were able to do much and have resorted to cable cable ties around the outside of the mount pulling the rubber in the necesary direction. There is still plenty of flex and wobble so it's restricted for movement. Also on the mount just before it passes over the rear beam this was knocking against the mount on the chassis so a little bit of the foam from the packaging of the Milltek has stopped this 'ticking'. This will have to do until I visit K-tec and see if they're able to do anything to help.

Love the sound, hate the tolerances they use in the factory!