ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had flat battery now car wont start and dashboard is lighting up like a xmas tree!?!

clio 182
Right this is what happen,

Monday night i got a blow out and had to wait for AA to sort me out after sitting there for 4 hours my battery died!
On Tuesday i managed to sort out a new tyre and i charged my battery but nothing so got the old jump leads out and bobs your uncle it started i got to work and charged my battery all day but still nothing i tried a new battery today and still nothing? it try's to start but literally just before it starts it stops and just dies basically also it makes a odd noise when it tries starting! i'm really stuck on this guys and any help would be great! as i'm nearly at breaking point now.

Could it be the ECU? someone else said maybe Alternator? and i was also thinking maybe a relay as it makes a odd ticking like noise from that area?!?

Even tried bump starting and didn't start!

Thanks in advance people, really want to try and sort this myself as money is tight atm!

Clio
Re: had flat battery now car wont start and dashboard is lighting up like a xmas tree

if it starts while been jumped seems to be an alternator fault, all cables ect ok?

clio 182
Re: had flat battery now car wont start and dashboard is lighting up like a xmas tree

Yeah all cables seem ok and connection looks like it couldn't be better but nothing, think its worth chucking on a diagnosis machine?

1.2 clio

You say you have tried a new battery? The only thing I can think of is a fuse has gone but even still can't see why. You haven't got water in any connectors or anything like that ?

clio 182

no, no water has got in any connectors i was chatting to a friend who seems to think it might be the TDC sensor? could this be causing all this hassle ?

clio 182

hi guys just an update and to help people in the future! i decided to take out the crankshaft sensor and give it a clean up and to make contact better just rubbed the connector with grit paper and now she's running perfectly just as she was before although i am going to replace the sensor to be safe. thanks for your help guys !