ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had car 2 weeks, and broken down already!!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
thanks Tom, yer can't thank everyone on here enough for the help and advice. Hopefully I can get this expensive month out the way, got to Tax her and get her Serviced, But lucky for me I got a warranty with it off the chap who I got it from, so hopefully will be getting it fixed for free or as near as.

Hopefully you do get it free as its a pretty costly job when I was quoted. Thankfully it was just a cable that had come loose :cool: Worst experience was when I bought my first car and the head gasket went after 3 weeks. Gutted.

Milltek'd clio 182
when i bought my car last year, i bought from a trade and within two weeks the car died and had no life in the battery, the alternator had gone, and they had to pay for it all to get sorted and got a new battery, so i reckon you wont have to fork out, as you should get a 3 month warranty anyway. but i was really depressed too my friend, but seriously once you get it up and running to how you want it, you wont be dissappointed, dont get yourself down fella, iit could of been worse put it that way, could of been privatly bought then you would of cried. good luck

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Really Am wishing I never Bought one of these now!!! SOO FOOKED OFFF :( after having the alternator go, I took it back to the guy who I bought it from paid him £346 had no car for a week, had the alterator replaced and a full service, including new tensioner pulleys, picked the car up off him, a bit annoyed it was muddy inside it, but thought nothing of it, and just planed to get it vacumed up when home, got out of my seat to see in my what was perfect seat, a fOOKING FAG BURN!!!!!! So SO annoyed right now, got straight onto the blower to him and told him! He has asked me to bring it back to him, and stated that he does not smoke and that no one is allowed to smoke at his garage, I told him well I don't smoke and It weren't there when I bought it off him. REally really am Sick and fed up of this, since buying the car I have nothing but bad luck this month not just my car but my whole life atm, including my job!!! Starting to think this guy is a bit of a C**t

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
er over reaction?

its a second had car that's over 5 years old, get some perspective!

You obviously knew it needed a service etc when you bought it. Alternator can go. That's life. As Kev says, old cars are going to break.

You can get Cup seats cheaper than a packet of crisps, so won't be an expensive fix.

Westy. MX5
Really Am wishing I never Bought one of these now!!! SOO FOOKED OFFF :( after having the alternator go, I took it back to the guy who I bought it from paid him £346 had no car for a week, had the alterator replaced and a full service, including new tensioner pulleys, picked the car up off him, a bit annoyed it was muddy inside it, but thought nothing of it, and just planed to get it vacumed up when home, got out of my seat to see in my what was perfect seat, a fOOKING FAG BURN!!!!!! So SO annoyed right now, got straight onto the blower to him and told him! He has asked me to bring it back to him, and stated that he does not smoke and that no one is allowed to smoke at his garage, I told him well I don't smoke and It weren't there when I bought it off him. REally really am Sick and fed up of this, since buying the car I have nothing but bad luck this month not just my car but my whole life atm, including my job!!! Starting to think this guy is a bit of a C**t

So your having a bad time with the car mate, all I can offer is tea & sympathy, hope the Clio and other things gets better soon.