ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had an accident HELP

The bus company will try every trick in the book to try and get out of it. I ended up with permanant damage to my neck because of it and only got a grand for it whereas other people get 4k for temp strain. Deff think 3k should cover it but getting them to pay is going to be a problem. He should have given way to the traffic on the right (your car) so he is in the wrong but quite a lot of accidents on round-a-bouts end up at 50/50 which is still seen as a claim.

clio 182

hi all escobar sounds like a right nobhead the reason that the roads are so f**kin full of stress and anger is cos of c**ts like you not letting busses pull out is why they get f**ked off and just pull out anyway after spending 20 mins with indicator on and 100 cars going by dont forget they have a timetable to run to any way sorry to hear about your bump pal the situation with the bus driver sounds like he has done a private hire of the bus from whichever bus co it was therefore in my opinion the bus cos insurance is the 1 you need to see but ill warn you now that any proffessional driver will be advised by the insurance co not to admit liability so chances are that he wont again sorry to hear about the bump also sorry to use such language as above but thats what people like escobar cause with there silly opinions and thats why driving on the roads today is such a sh*tty experiance

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Not read the full post but i had similar. hit a post sideways after some 1 pulled out on me.

As for the seat i saved a fortune by takin the cover to a upholsterer(sp) an they just sowed it back up. The big expense will be the airbag an airbag ECU. Ann the subframe if its bent! The rest aint too bad tbh!

If ya wanna Kno wot i payed for bits pm me!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey23 on 12 November 2004

well, i left my car at the renault dealers and asked them to provide me with a quote for gettin the bits fixed........ are you sitting down..........

£5,836!!! :eek:

i really cant believe it is that much.... esp cos i didnt even hit the kerb that quickly. I just hope that it is OTT cos i left it at renault......

My insuracne company have put me in contact with another company, who have now lifted the car and taken it to their garage. if it is really gonna be that much, then surely my car will be a write off? :sick:

Its no wonder that some insurance companies now dont insist that repairs are carried out by main dealers- THEY OVERCHARGE FOR EVERYTHING and must cost insurers far too much money!!

I bet if you took your car to a decent bodyshop/coachbuilders, they would charge half of that ridiculous cost!!

Good Luck with getting everything sorted!

another bus incident, this is bad, they seem to be after clios at the moment. one thing in their favour is apparantly u should always give way to a bus

Porsche Boxster

My car has gone to a coachworks company now. im still in shock over that quote! i have a complete 6 page report on all the work that needs doing! madness!

i know u r meant to give way to buses - but surely that doesnt mean stopping in the middle of a roundabout to give way to them! that would just be dangerous and plain stupid! i thought the highway code stated something like, you should give way to buses when they r pulling away from bustops and suchlike. giving way to them then i can understand, but a bus is a vehcile and surely should obey traffic rules and road markings just like anything else.

R26

Hey Sargeantinio you little punk! sounds like your a bus driver pal. lol - not my problem. Remind yourself if you are ever unfortunate enough to be hit when you are stationary that you should take half the blame.

Anyway in conclusion: Get back to work on you or your old boys bus which ever of you is the bus driver.

clio 182

very drole pal but im not a bus driver but i have m8s who are just sayin cant paint everyone with the same brush trouble with rta,s is that everyone who is involved has a very different story to tell by the way im a big punk

Porsche Boxster

looks like i wont ever be getting my poor little car back - its officially been written off now. havent actually heard from my insurance company as yet, only heard from the garage who have my car. what happens now?!

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 11 November 2004

Well m8 I really dont know where to start. I had a situation with a bus here in Edinburgh, so what can I tell you ? Well for a start, bus drivers are w**kers and bus companies are C*nts no question about it.

I was struck by a bus while sitting stationary at lights (red) the bus came down the right only lane, I was in the left (go left or straight on) lane, when the lights changed, the bus moved off I didnt, he WAS TURNING LEFT!!!!!!! f**ker dragged the whole bus along the side of my car while going completely round the corner before stopping, what can I say - my car was f**kED!!!!!!!!. Anyway got a witness who saw the whole thing, Great, then the bus driver said " oh I didnt see you " (c**t) swapped details, he had a witness on the bus (80 year old coffin dodger (f)) who said I drovve into the bus (although I wasnt f**king moving (grrrrrrrrrr)). Anyway, took photos of the traffic light and lane setup, posted to my insurance company, they said "well sort it out" well, the bus company said that they werent paying and that I drove into the bus although the bus was damaged along the whole length of which means I must of driven into him at 45 degree angle round the corner (rflol) ion my little clio. Anyway 1 year passes then a f**kin mesiah turns up to the day 1 year on saying - " oh i saw that accident and that young man drove into the bus " So the insurance company settles 50/50. I challenged it but the insurance company said when I asked "but did you not see the damage to the bus" to which they replied "no we dont have any pictures of damage to the bus" so I either go to court or settle 50/50 even though this witness turned up 12 months on.

So my message to you my good man is simple,

1)dont expect the bus company to pay unless they kill you. even then its dubious

2) carry a camera in your car to take photos there and then.

3) make sure you get as many witnesses as possible

4)never stop to let a bus out of a space - f**k em all

5)dont trust what a bus driver says - its their livelihood so tell him hes a lying b*****d and tell him where to shove his f**kin bus.

6)Dont use public transport again - im boycotting the un-named bus company (w**kers)

7) Bus companies will fight tooth and nail in order to avoid paying out.

AND Finally: GOOD LUCK.
EXCUSE ME not all bus drivers are w**kers i am a bus driver thats like saying all young drivers are rubbish... think about what you say first nob edd.... everything you said above is crap... all he has to do is contact the depot manager and ask for their insurance details contact them..... the ins company will not pay out the depot will as the excess on a bus policy is approx £200000.... as for private journeys they will still be insured by the company as you cant insure yourself it would cost too much "public liability etc etc

p.s escobar highway code rule 79 please give way to the bus when safe to do so.

at a guess this is really wot happened in your accident.

Bus was in the right hand lane with left indicator on because it was a tight turn... you thought f**k this and came up the inside of the bus... sat in his "massive" blind spot and were SUPRISED that he hit . if i saw anyone do that to me i would do exactly the same as that bus driver... should of used some common sence matey

[Edited by geordieclio on 25 November 2004 at 2:45pm]

^^^ agreed you try driving something 3 times a long as a car and twice as slow. waiting forever for a gap big enough in busy traffic

if a bus pulls or lorry pulls out infront of you on a roundabout do what i do break and say fair play!

PS Im not a bus driver (driven plenty of overloaded transits and the same appliesLOL)

Mate if you want a witness im sure i saw it all happen. PM me the details of the date/Time Road number/Round about etc etc and i will give you my details to hand to your insurance company.

If you are already on a R/A you DO NOT have to give way to a bus wanting to come onto the RA the bus ddriver has to give way to the right which was this poor sod and wait untill there is enougth space to pull out.

Iceblue182: A bus driver knows when he goes for the job that they are 3 times as big as a car and a lot slower and he would also know no-one will give way to a slow arse bag of sh*t bus.

rant over

P.s im serious about being your witness if you need one mate. like i said PM the details.

Smokey

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by sargeantinio on 15 November 2004

very drole pal but im not a bus driver but i have m8s who are just sayin cant paint everyone with the same brush trouble with rta,s is that everyone who is involved has a very different story to tell by the way im a big punk

we are getting a bit stressed arent we?!!

to stick up for the other guy (escobar?), edinburgh does have its fair share of idiot bus drivers, Im not saying they are all like that tho

[Edited by POW_Clio on 25 November 2004 at 4:15pm]

and sorry to hear bout your motor mate, not good

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by geordieclio on 25 November 2004

Bus was in the right hand lane with left indicator on because it was a tight turn... you thought f**k this and came up the inside of the bus... sat in his "massive" blind spot and were SUPRISED that he hit . if i saw anyone do that to me i would do exactly the same as that bus driver... should of used some common sence matey

how the hell could that have happened if the guy was on a roundabout btw? The bus just came out is what it sounds like!

Porsche Boxster

mate if i had braked i would have gone straight into the side of him. i onl just managed to swerve round him! i have nothing against bus drivers, and im just putting this down to an accident - accidents happen, its just part of life.

POW - i think he was talking about ESCOBAR accident, not mine?!

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 25 November 2004

how the hell could that have happened if the guy was on a roundabout btw? The bus just came out is what it sounds like!
i was talking about escobars incident with a bus plus i never said it he should have given way to the bus on the r/a it is a risk the bus driver takes but come on be honest people how many times do you get frustrated in your car waiting for a gap on a r/a and think fook it and just pull out into a gap too small.... well times that by ten thats what its like in a bus... i agree the bus driver was in the wrong

my point is that one cannot call all bus drivers w**k**s etc etc

[Edited by geordieclio on 25 November 2004 at 5:49pm]

POW is a bit slow, he went to the same high school as me, please excuse me while I batter the daft sh*t.

Back on topic, whats happened has happened. Not all bus drivers are w**kers, not all young drivers are morons. We are here because of a common theme - Clios, in case you havent noticed. I hope you get what you want Mikey and geordieclio, I have all the respect for you man. The bus drivers up here have been stabbed, spat on and generally get abused by the tw*ts up here.

Group hug now, just make sure you dont rub your crotch on me.

clio 182

Well m8 I really dont know where to start. I had a situation with a bus here in Edinburgh, so what can I tell you ? Well for a start, bus drivers are w**kers and bus companies are C*nts no question about it.

I was struck by a bus while sitting stationary at lights (red) the bus came down the right only lane, I was in the left (go left or straight on) lane, when the lights changed, the bus moved off I didnt, he WAS TURNING LEFT!!!!!!! f**ker dragged the whole bus along the side of my car while going completely round the corner before stopping, what can I say - my car was f**kED!!!!!!!!. Anyway got a witness who saw the whole thing, Great, then the bus driver said " oh I didnt see you " (c**t) swapped details, he had a witness on the bus (80 year old coffin dodger (f)) who said I drovve into the bus (although I wasnt f**king moving (grrrrrrrrrr)). Anyway, took photos of the traffic light and lane setup, posted to my insurance company, they said "well sort it out" well, the bus company said that they werent paying and that I drove into the bus although the bus was damaged along the whole length of which means I must of driven into him at 45 degree angle round the corner (rflol) ion my little clio. Anyway 1 year passes then a f**kin mesiah turns up to the day 1 year on saying - " oh i saw that accident and that young man drove into the bus " So the insurance company settles 50/50. I challenged it but the insurance company said when I asked "but did you not see the damage to the bus" to which they replied "no we dont have any pictures of damage to the bus" so I either go to court or settle 50/50 even though this witness turned up 12 months on.

1)dont expect the bus company to pay unless they kill you. even then its dubious

5)dont trust what a bus driver says - its their livelihood so tell him hes a lying b*****d and tell him where to shove his f**kin bus.

6)Dont use public transport again - im boycotting the un-named bus company (w**kers)

EXCUSE ME not all bus drivers are w**kers i am a bus driver thats like saying all young drivers are rubbish... think about what you say first nob edd.... everything you said above is crap... all he has to do is contact the depot manager and ask for their insurance details contact them..... the ins company will not pay out the depot will as the excess on a bus policy is approx £200000.... as for private journeys they will still be insured by the company as you cant insure yourself it would cost too much "public liability etc etc

p.s escobar highway code rule 79 please give way to the bus when safe to do so.

here here m8

[Edited by sargeantinio on 25 November 2004 at 6:05pm]

You can end that argument quite easily by just saying he was in the wrong lane to turn left.

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by Jawnathan on 25 November 2004

You can end that argument quite easily by just saying he was in the wrong lane to turn left.

yes for a car but as i said a large vehicle may not be able to turn left from the left hand lane thefore must use something called "common sense" and use the right hand lane. look at a theory book you will see the question regading the loory in the left of a lane flashing a right indicator wot should you do???

[Edited by geordieclio on 25 November 2004 at 7:48pm]