ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had a go at HDR thanks to FOxy

Slow red one
had a go at HDR as you can see....
thought i'd try so then im ready to do some at the clio meet sunday;)
going to lower soon! as i know people will comment on that:dapprove:
HDRimagesmaller.jpg

RS 172
Need to tone it down. Its easy to make the HDR totally overcast an image. Less is more with HDR.

The point behind it is to give very bright whites and very dark blacks in one image. If its too strong, it will look like someones given it a massive contrast hit. Best to just bleed it in gently to an image to make it pop.

Good job experimenting with new techniques though. I'll snap some HDR's at Bluewater on Sunday (weather dependant on using the camera) and show you what I mean.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
nice one mate,i dont mean to thread hijack but i have been doing some HDR stuff recently. i got myself a copy of dynamic photo HDR and it is much better than photomatix, you have far more options and the alignment is better, give it a whirl :)

photomatix:

dynamic photo HDR

RS 172
^Jungle_Jim has the right idea. The HDR is gentle, yet strong enough to really improve the shot without making it look overcontrasted and painted.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Cool Pic, At least there will be 1 person who knows how to operate a Camera, Our last meet resulted in some terrible pics, See you Sunday

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
nice one mate,i dont mean to thread hijack but i have been doing some HDR stuff recently. i got myself a copy of dynamic photo HDR and it is much better than photomatix, you have far more options and the alignment is better, give it a whirl :)

photomatix:

dynamic photo HDR

Thats Fantastic! Easy to do!??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
  GW RS200
Been messing around myself. This is the first time I've got something that really worked rather than just looked like all the contrast had been knocked out of it. The secret is in finding a scene that has extremely bright and dark areas. There's not really much point in a normal dull daylight photo. And yes, I'm well aware that the effect is rather overdone, but I was aiming for 'dramatic' here, not subtle :p

hdr.jpg

A4 Avant
I've had a slack morning so had a play with HDR. I only had a couple of images on works computer but I quite like the results:

WHEELSPINHDR.jpg

CORNERHDR.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
If you have 2 mins have a look at some stuff by a guy called Pete Carr...Google his name.
He is one of the founders and gurus of HDR, some really impressive work on his site.
www.petecarr.net

is this HDR an effect used while taking the pictures, or is it something I can do to a standard photograph in Photoshop afterwards?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
FUbar

What you need to do if you don't have a dedicated HDR software is...
Take 3 pics and change exposures .
You must only change the S/Speed other wise your depth of field will change.
Try to aim between +2 and -2 EV steps.
Then you need to open Photoshop>file>automate>merge to HDR>browse for files>and have a play with the settings.
HDR will be a 32bit image so you might need to go to image>adjustments>mode>change to 16bit.
This will then bring open a box with 4 drop down menus. select the bottom menu>local adaptation and use it a little like the curves pallette
Hope this helps.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i wasnt impressed with photoshop cs3 hdr function, photomatix is better. but then i found dynamic photo hdr which is the best, easier to use, better alignment and a selection of preset mode such as realistic or eye catching etc